YuanQing Bluenose POF - Dean

OK

I turn on after asking if he wants to reprint the modified steering wheel
Peter is also interested, so that will be 2 x steering wheel
4 x anchors = 6 x 6 =36 hours of printing

The person is printing a submarine to scale in resin, so I go ask if he can free up time

Result of the wheel sometime next week I hope.

In addition, I am present twice a week as they call it here Day activities center, where they have a 3 D printer.

They can print the stl files, not in resin, not in plastic but in ... (I forgot the name)

Monday I'll take your files with me, to see what they can do also there

OK

I turn on after asking if he wants to reprint the modified steering wheel
Peter is also interested, so that will be 2 x steering wheel
4 x anchors = 6 x 6 =36 hours of printing

The person is printing a submarine to scale in resin, so I go ask if he can free up time

Result of the wheel sometime next week I hope.

In addition, I am present twice a week as they call it here Day activities center, where they have a 3 D printer.

They can print the stl files, not in resin, not in plastic but in ... (I forgot the name)

Monday I'll take your files with me, to see what they can do also there
I understand, we do what we can.
If this turns out good enough, I can justify buying a resin printer for future builds! :)
The plastic printer will allow you to do multiple parts on one print, based on the print area available. Today I will print 2 wheels and 2 anchors on the same print job. :)

Hi All,
I did some e-mail/PM coördination. For the shipwheel we go further in this thread:
Dean has already posted the latest information.
All the credits till now for Dean’s design and Henk’s printing.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:

Looks really good, great accomplishment! Congrats!

Still, battle with my printer to get the same or similar results as yours. I switch the paper and toner, to no avail...probably need a different printer;)ROTF
Thank you for the compliment... and thank you for bringing to my attention the fact that the provided anchor was not correct for this schooner. That led me down this path, to making my own anchors. ;)

Beautifully crafted work on your BN. Precision all the way! Hard to wait to see your spars and sails ahead. Rich
Thank you Rich!
I just made an order for eyes, hoops, brass strips, brass tubing and rods, etc. in preparation for all the rigging hardware that has to be fabricated. Will do bowsprit first...then move to masts, booms and gaffs.

Looks really good, great accomplishment! Congrats!

Still, battle with my printer to get the same or similar results as yours. I switch the paper and toner, to no avail...probably need a different printer;)ROTF
I think the printer is right. When you use 80gr. paper, print it on +/-76 pages, glue them together and look for good scissors.
I know Jim, you can do it!
Regards, Peter

I’m confused? But that’s a nice picture or 3d model. And I just realized from that picture that there is a protrusion in the middle of the wheel casting that I forgot! Have to change my model now...:p
Don't worry, No problem, Dean,
Just a little drill and one of these hexa bolds, and you are done:
Hexa.jpg
I can send you one. But the Postman will count a few dollars. Take a piece of rod, file it hexa, use the same drill as from my solution and glue it in the centre. Some paint, some dry-brush and: tada!
Regard, Peter

Jimsky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I think the printer is right. When you use 80gr. paper, print it on +/-76 pages, glue them together and look for good scissors.
I know Jim, you can do it!
Regards, Peter
This is exactly what I did, Peter. Believe me or not...but my scissors cannot cut it. I have ordered another pair (for metal use), they called those shears. ROTF