ROYAL CAROLINE 1:30 by Zhl my version, by Peglegreg

G'day Maarten
Firstly, thank you for you feedback, much appreciated!
The both if us are only speculating on what is true or not
in our own eyes. I valued your belief and I hope you do
mine.
So: this is my point towards this subject.
Logically if the doors weights, say 20 kg, the king and queen would have to lift that weight, if was on an angle, BUT OPENING THE DOOR in an arch motion, and the fulcrum at the hinges would make that door a lot heavier, say 40 kg. I don't think any ROYAL BLOOD would process the necessary muscle straight to do that.
Even if the forms were on an angle, the section would have to be made as I suggested.
I have see a model on the net with the quarter windows as I have described, but looking at it on an angle looking down the length of the hull. The quarter windows looked like the AToS drawing. This is where, I believe, the confusion started.
Havagooday
Greg
Would not the king have servants to open his windows?

G'day all
Just wanted you all to know, I still around and kicking. Lol
I still don't have the energy to do any sawdusting at the moment, but I'm teaching myself CAD. It's quite a steep learning curve, but I'm getting there I think.
While I'm not doing the Royal Caroline kit (my fingers are itchy to do it, though), I'm trying to do a virtual Royal Caroline in Fusion 360.
I got a hobby licence for this programme and it's quite amazing.
I'm using the draft from the maritime museum as the basis of my drawings.
Firstly I traced over the draft in Affinity photo using vectors exported them as svg format.
This way I can open them up in Fusion 360.
I have imported 11 bulkheads out of 19 so far as long as the keel.
When all the bulkheads are in place, I them have to mirror them and do a mesh.
I'll endeavour to let you know of my progress.
Happymodeling errrrr.... Happy3Dmodeling
Greg

Hello Greg, Welcome back to the Great SOS Form, I misted you. I am pleased that you are recovering so well and that you are keeping an eye on your ZHL 1:30 Royal Caroline MY Version. Such a beautiful ship and that you are correcting a few faults that you found in the ships frames and there upper shapes. I will be watching for the saw dust to start flying and also for your very humorous comments that come buy you so easily. Get well soon, we all need you to cheer up the Form as only you can.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Greg, Just starting to catch up on your ZHL 1:30 Royal Caroline MY Version that I have been restricted so much on that msw form, Now that I have regained My Freedom I am able to go where I wish and say what I want to say, This is a Great Feeling and that is for Sure.
Great job you have done or about to start and that your Admiral is supporting you all the way.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Greg, Just starting to catch up on your ZHL 1:30 Royal Caroline MY Version that I have been restricted so much on that msw form, Now that I have regained My Freedom I am able to go where I wish and say what I want to say, This is a Great Feeling and that is for Sure.
Great job you have done or about to start and that your Admiral is supporting you all the way.
Regards Lawrence
Working on ships is helping my diabetes condition. It must be taking away stress or something.

Working on ships is helping my diabetes condition. It must be taking away stress or something.
G'day mate
Funny that you said that.
Working on our hobby ha helped my Parkinsons a lot.
That's is the reason why I'm teaching myself CAD.
Getting the ol'greymatter working.
Happymodeling
Greg.

GLAD YOU ARE BACK GREG I WILL KEEP PRAYING FOR YOU, KEEP IT GOING, WITH THIS AWFULL NEWS HERE IN THE STATES MY ANXITY IS PEAKING ONLY REMEDY IS MODEL BUILDING HAVE MANY PROJECTS GOING ON RIGHTN NOW SO CAN SHIFT AROUND. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
G'day Don
Always glad to read your spiritual uplifting thoughts.
God bless you and your family Always.
Havagreatchristmas
Greg

Back