Black Pearl - Zhl 1:50 by Vfordyce [COMPLETED BUILD]

Decisions, decisions. Paint phosphorescent, bright gold, gold with darker wash?
Brush'n'Leaf by the Amaco brand seems to work really well and suggested by our experts. it does represent the true 'Gold' color. Check this out.

Hi, John. I don’t have a lot of experience to draw from, but the pieces seem nice, and there are a lot of pictures. They don’t always show what I want them to show and the translation from Chinese leaves a bit to be desired. So far, I seem to be able to follow along when I read a bit ahead. I am anticipating some difficulties with the wiring. MystRacing’s build log is ahead of mine. He might have more insight than I do.

Brush'n'Leaf by the Amaco brand seems to work really well and suggested by our experts. it does represent the true 'Gold' color. Check this out.

I bought these three at Hobby Lobby. I will try them out first and do a little experimenting. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

My daughter’s friend prefers glow in the dark paint for metal accessories. Now I need to find some and play with it. I can still use gold on my Soleil royal.

The answer to the question on the other log about how to paint the wall on the back side of the lower deck is you can paint the back of the planks before you put them on, that way the inside back will be whatever color you want it to be.
I thought that’s what you were going to say. I found glow in the dark paint on amazon. It’s called neon nights. I’ve ordered a set and will test it out on parts Friday.

Agrred. The deck looks great and doesn't need to be any darker.

Back