ZHL Misticque

Peglegreg

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

G'day John
Sorry for not posting earlier, but time has flown for me. I've been quite sick for a few weeks and now I'm fine.
ZHL are a brilliant company and I'm getting my ZHL Royal Caroline kit tomorrow.
:banana-rock:
Happymodeling to you and all. I will watching your progress all the time.
Havagooday mate
Greg

JohnSilver

Hi Greg

Hope you are feeling a lot better now.

Good luck with your RC kit you will have fun I am sure of that.

John.

JohnSilver

Hi All
Sorry I have not posted for some time.
Just before Christmas I got a block of cherry wood for the base board.
It is hard to get cherry wood here.
I will have to put it through the sander and then bevel the edges that is if I can find my router bits ha ha.
Made a mess of the life boat so have to get a new one.

John.

MISTICQUE 3_0047.jpg

Brian077

Hi John,
with regards to your ships boat, I must confess I messed up my first effort on my Le Requin and threw it in the bin.
Luckily they are cheap enough to order on line and I learnt from my mistake and my second attempt was much better.

JohnSilver

Hi Brian
Yes I was not happy when I seen what I had done with the life boat, I did try to unglue it but no luck.

You know why I have not been posting, but will get back to the ship building again as I have missed it.

John.

JohnSilver

Hi Uwe
When I do start again I will do little things to get back into the swing of things if you know what I mean.
Like the cannons, that I have started to cut out.

John.

JohnSilver

Hi all
I cut some of the cannon carriages out some time ago.

I don't know if the carriages are painted or not.
If I paint them I may leave the cannons as they are and not blacken them.
Will see when the time comes.

John.MISTICQUE 4_0048.jpgMISTICQUE 4_0050.jpgMISTICQUE 4_0052.jpgMISTICQUE 4_0055.jpg

JohnSilver

Hi All

As you know I made a mess of the kits life boat (not concentrating) so I ordered a new life boat from ebay.

The life boat arrived yesterday but I think it is about 15-20mm shorter than the one in the kit.
I will build it anyway and see what it looks like.

Can anyone out there translate Russian to English ha ha.

John.

MISTICQUE 5_0047.jpgMISTICQUE 5_0050.jpgMISTICQUE 5_0051.jpgMISTICQUE 5_0053.jpgMISTICQUE 5_0054.jpgMISTICQUE 5_0052.jpg

JohnSilver

Hi all

As my keel clamp went missing I had to order a new one, but this one came from Russia.
It came in a kit and as per usual the instructions are not that good.
I looked at the photo and the 4 spacers on the 2 ends looked like they were glued on the top (see arrows).
WRONG they should go on the bottom, so have to make 4 new ones.
As soon as I have made them I will be back in the shipyard.

MISTICQUE 6_0002.jpgMISTICQUE 6_0003.jpgMISTICQUE 6_0006.jpgMISTICQUE 6_0007.jpg

John

Peglegreg

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

G'day John
MISTICQUE 5_0047.jpg
4ALKONET M1: 72 Rowing boat of the period of etching of Catherine II as a helm as a gift dinghy 6 oar 17631 T. COMBINED MODEL
MISTICQUE 5_0051.jpg
20181017_135002.jpg

Necessary tools Collet knife with interchangeable ne3yew tweezers, pliers, nippers, nadfipy Materials needed: Steady glue cyanoacrylate glue (super-glues) black acrylic paint (matte). emery 6yMara.
20181017_151240.jpg
AIbKOHET 6 rowing boat 1763r. Empress Catherine At her court, boats and boats, boats were used for the needs of two majesties, participated in the celebrations and shows. For each, there was a team of izbreb and ruv0ro, who wore a graceful uniform that contained two rowing teams, 6 court yachts of her own imperial
20181017_152010.jpg

The kit is not recommended for children under 7net ii. When working with cutting tools, adult testing is required. Be careful when using cyanocrypatho 0 knea!
20181017_152216.jpg
parts should be separated from the plate with a knife. Do not immediately separate all parts from the plates. Top'ko as required Cut out the parts of the parts with a knife or with an emery paper. It is recommended to remove the carbon from visible ends of the parts.
20181017_152412.jpg

Assemble the model according to the instructions. For convenience, every detail is indicated by an index, the corresponding index of the paste. Parts with an index of M are made independently of patunna and nails. included in the package.

This us the best I can do, sorry about that.
More to come soon
Greg