Zhl model kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I'm new just want to know if there is any down sides to purchasing a ZHL kit.
Was thinking of getting the San felipe ship
From zhl just want to know if l should or try a different co.

Hi
First of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
You can find the direct contact to ZHL via their web-page:
you can find there also the possibility via the area "Contact us".
The owner is named Max, and is speaking very good english, so you can write easily to him with all questions and requests.
A lot of members were already purchasing from ZHL and I never heard anything negative - also a very good aftersale service.

Here is a whole topic about it

Agree with Brian, my La Salamandre had some parts missing and Max replaced them ASAP and sent express mail. I have bought other models from Max as well as materials. First class service and communication. The go to guy when buying models from China.

Hi
I recently asked about ZHL and received a lot of replies about them being rip-offs of other peoples work, like Chuck Passaro and the Winchelsea I think? Basically profiteering over somebody else's work. The actual truth I don't know. I wanted to know about the quality. So, I get the general impression the quality is good, for the 'political' aspect I have no conclusions or comment. I'd be interested to know where you get with this!

I recently asked about ZHL and received a lot of replies about them being rip-offs of other peoples work, like Chuck Passaro and the Winchelsea I think? Basically profiteering over somebody else's work. The actual truth I don't know. I wanted to know about the quality. So, I get the general impression the quality is good, for the 'political' aspect I have no conclusions or comment. I'd be interested to know where you get with this!
Winchealsea??stop believe nonsense from people with an agenda to monopolize their own products

Winchealsea??stop believe nonsense from people with an agenda to monopolize their own products
Hi Zoly. If you take this to it's logical conclusion everything is ripped off from the historic designs and details (unless you invent a ship?). The reason Chuck chose Cheerful is because it's one of the few ships with recorded detail, like Peter's Alert, the public records office in Kew has the information which is available to all of us. I know Peter got irritated because Shipyard Models used his book in breach of copyright (he wrote to them suggesting they might want to at least acknowledge him and got a threatening letter from their lawyer!!) so you are quite right, and there's one rule we all know about opinions!!! So, sod 'em and buy 'em!

Hi Bob, please read DAVE STEVENS POST ON COPY RIGHTS, VERY INFORMATIVE AND VERY ACCURATE, i think it is listed under help for models not sure. Don

Hi Bob, please read DAVE STEVENS POST ON COPY RIGHTS, VERY INFORMATIVE AND VERY ACCURATE, i think it is listed under help for models not sure. Don
Thanks Don, Zoly sent me a link yesterday. I had a late night, still not finished reading it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back