ZHL - San Felipe 1:50 - Box Content

que pensez-vous de la qualité des pièces?

what do you think of the quality of the parts?
Hi, I think this is a good quality kit, especially regarding the resin sculptures which are much better detailed than the European kits
(which are quite coarse metal) it's good value for money
I don't know if the current kit from ZHL is still of the same quality
it costs around 300 euros today

hi everywone my first time here, i am about 4 weeks into this build from the same company in china its better quality than i expected to be honest instructions are a bit basic but the dvd that came with it was most helpfull even though its in chinese ,plus there is a very usful youtube video of this ship so between all 3 sources i am managing to do very well i will try to atach a pic of it under construction , in my 60,s now and been many years since i built a sailing ship so bit rusty ,ps dident realise how large it is till i started it over 45 inches long

hi everywone my first time here, i am about 4 weeks into this build from the same company in china its better quality than i expected to be honest instructions are a bit basic but the dvd that came with it was most helpfull even though its in chinese ,plus there is a very usful youtube video of this ship so between all 3 sources i am managing to do very well i will try to atach a pic of it under construction , in my 60,s now and been many years since i built a sailing ship so bit rusty ,ps dident realise how large it is till i started it over 45 inches long
Hallo @geraldo600
first of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Many Thanks for the additional explanations, I am looking forward to see your work on the model

Looks to be one hell of a project. I'm still browsing for my return to modelling restart kit so looking at many different options.
I saw this particular model today on Amazon from ZNYB, is it the same manufacturer ? £637.90p. Strange price but hey ho :)

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. If you visit the "shihai" forum, you will see that although these parts look beautiful, it would be a miracle if one person could complete the build. considering the outdated design and a series of structural errors of the hull.

Back