Soleil Royal - ZHL 1/90 Scale by Paulb [COMPLETED BUILD]

I'm a little confused.No, I didn't change the planking.They are what were in the set.I advise you to paste inserts under the headpiece pad.To them to glue the first covering.After the first plating, I first glued Barot.The size between them was taken from the drawing.Then between them pasted the rails of the second skin.If necessary, it was cut off.Sorry to mess with my photos.Don't forget to paint the simulated gun ports black.IMG_1055.JPGIMG_1213.JPGIMG_1308.JPGIMG_1315 (1).JPG

I've got the planking stuff figured out. Fabulous pictures - they will help a lot!!! You are right about painting the simulated gun port interiors - I'll do that today. I will post my progress later today.

Last edited:
Hello PaulIMG_1806.JPGIMG_1809.JPG.So far, everything is great with you.In the gun ports on the quarter going to do?The frames should already be pasted in.Check the port dimensions from the drawing.If the size of the frame allows it.After sanding the first cladding to cover the frame in dark red color..So far, everything is great with you.In the gun ports on the quarter going to do?The frames should already be pasted in.Check the port dimensions from the drawing.If the size of the frame allows it.After sanding the first cladding to cover the frame in dark red color.

Oh crap - rookie mistake. Any suggestions? I guess I could fake one, and do some careful sanding on the aft 1/4.

Thanks Ken for the heads up.

Last edited:
Hi Paul, as its I assume double plank, don't worry to much at Garboad plank. I would however cut cut plank at or near 3rd bulkhead from rear( when it flattens out & remove to allow you to taper false keep to allow for planking with. ie if its 6mm thick & first layer is 2mm planks then sand back 2mm each side tapering Y leaving 2mm in middle of bulkhead near rear which brings you back to 6mm. The on second player do the same to allow for 2nd layer thickness. It all then lines up with rudder thickness.
see
1588294181079.png
Image from above ref and may be subject to copyright.

Hi Paul, as its I assume double plank, don't worry to much at Garboad plank. I would however cut cut plank at or near 3rd bulkhead from rear( when it flattens out & remove to allow you to taper false keep to allow for planking with. ie if its 6mm thick & first layer is 2mm planks then sand back 2mm each side tapering Y leaving 2mm in middle of bulkhead near rear which brings you back to 6mm. The on second player do the same to allow for 2nd layer thickness. It all then lines up with rudder thickness.
see
View attachment 147612
Image from above ref and may be subject to copyright.
What he said

Thanks guys - I will follow your suggestions. Time to rip out the aft 1/4 of the garboad plank and taper the replacement then fill the resulting gap. Ok - after studying the diagrams I see what you mean. I guess while I'm a model builder - I'm not a ship builder.

Last edited:
If glued to the PVA, it will easily move away after warming up with a construction hair dryer.In the keel frame, make an incision along the skin line.Then cut,make a notch depth of 1.5 mm.In this recess and will lie the rails of the first skin.It will be flush with the keel frame.3849d11a53adbc1d0b6cb1cb568fd376.jpg

Last edited:
And then you can cut the plywood keel to hell.To make the keel, stem and sternpost out of solid wood.Make the stem a set of pieces.

Back