Soleil Royal - ZHL 1/90 Scale by Paulb [COMPLETED BUILD]

Yup that’s important- I’ve done that - thanks. But I’ll recheck and be sure it’s as good as I can get it.

Last edited:
Hey Paul, you are a building machine! I just remember your photo with the kit box near the door... (just delivered) If I am not mistaken, it was about three weeks ago, and now you finished hull planking the first layer! Because of you, it looks-like easy... WOW!! Great Job!

Lots of work on gun port framing with that many guns on each side. And I had a tough time doing 8 on my cross section build!

Kurt

Try to explain in the drawing.After pasting the frames, paint them dark red.The depth of the frames is about the thickness of the entire skin on the ship in this part of the hull.IMG_20200514_083841.jpg

Hallo Paul,
your first planking is looking very good after the sanding - very good basis for a clean and correct second planking.
Very good sketch you made for the gunport
only one small comment, but I guess you know - only to be sure for everybody else
IMG_20200514_083841.jpg
the red marked ending of the planking is incorrect - the green one is correct - the planking is overlapping the gunport frame
gunport cross section.jpg

Very good work Thumbsup

Back