Beginner kit advice

Actually I purchased the new Occre VICTORY, although it's getting panned big time on this forum. I'll enjoy it though and will build it painted instead of natural wood. Should be here this week I hope :)
It is not getting panned on our forum, I think you have a wrong impression, IMHO. True that some of us dislike this kit, but others love it. We have already more than three members who bought the kit! One member already started the build log.

Actually I purchased the new Occre VICTORY, although it's getting panned big time on this forum. I'll enjoy it though and will build it painted instead of natural wood. Should be here this week I hope :)
I would be very happy to see a building log of this new type of Victory

It is not getting panned on our forum, I think you have a wrong impression, IMHO. True that some of us dislike this kit, but others love it. We have already more than three members who bought the kit! One member already started the build log.
Well, I guess the only review that really counts will be from the ones who purchased and then built the kit. To be fair, it is expensive, but I think I am going to like it.

Well, I guess the only review that really counts will be from the ones who purchased and then built the kit. To be fair, it is expensive, but I think I am going to like it.
This is also true. Be sure to start your build log, it should be an interesting project to watch as the build progresses. Then we can judge with our own eyes.

Here's my Mamoli ENDEAVOUR. It is a nice, relatively simple kit that a beginner may want to try. I actually built this kit with limited tools and space when I was at sea on a six month deployment to East Timor in 1999/2000. I bought it in a hobby shop in Darwin Australia and set myself the goal to have it built by the time I returned home. I made it with a week to spare! I put the crew on it for fun, although they are a little chunky looking.

View attachment 405209
I got this KIT for my 50 years birthday in 1994, and I agree it was not very difficult, and as you with very limited tools

Back