Digital build of Le Coureur for Ahoy

Are you talking about the deck planking ? because i used the already existing textures in Ahoy's project, so I don't know if i can change the texture itself... but I know the deck planking doesn't follow the actual drawings, because it might be overkill for the project ( at least for now ) but i plan to remplace them in the futur just in case we can change it ( and French decks were darker than british one so...)

Are you talking about the deck planking ?
Yes - the deck planking
The visible nails (and also the butt joints where one plank is ending and the next starts) were installed only over the deck beams - because these nails fastened the planks on top of the beams.
So therefore the nails ahve to be only where a beam would be (red marks on the contemporary drawing of the Coureur)

Coureur.jpg

IMG-7009.jpg

I see what you mean. This texture will be procedural, which means i'll be able to change the planks length, width, color and nails position. I'll modify that aspect once the texture is made procedural ( for now it's not :/ ) I noted this feedback and i won't forget to change that as soon as i have the possibility to do so ! Thanks once again Uwek !

Hi everyone, I hope everybody is doing fine !

Update on what's have been done this week on Coureur,

First of all, the masts have been placed ! now i can truly appreciate the scale of the ship.
Capture 02.PNG

I tried to be as precise as possible on all the technical aspects of the masts, and how they works together.
Capture 03.PNGCapture 04.PNG

Also I added that front piece I totally forgot aboutCapture 07.PNG

And right now i'm starting to work on the ropes, attach points and rigging. This will be the most challenging part for sure !Capture 06.PNGCapture 05.PNGCapture.PNG

The modeled rigging will only be static rigging, the sails and the ropes attached to them will probably be simulated, so i won't have to model them.
I'll start the rigging from the back of the ship working my way all the way to the front, finishing by the anchors, because they are maintained by the rope itself so i want to be sure ti have the right rope workflow before doing them.

The cleats will need a lot of rework and i need to understand how and why the knots are made a certain way to be sure to be as accurate as possible.

As always do not hesitate to give feedbacks of tips :D

Have a great day and week everybody ! see you next time

Max

Hi everyone !

Just a quick message, i didn't post anything for more than a week and I won't post any picture for at least a few days again, because right now it's mostly studying rigging, getting all the references and pictures i can get and all, so i don't have much to show so I assumed there was no point to post pictures of things that didn't really change.
So this message is just to say i continue the ship and I will post right when i have things to show :D
Have a nice day everybody !

Back