Grants Xebec 1:60 (using Jabeque Cazador Occre1:60 kit) [COMPLETED BUILD]

Good morning. Ships boat was seated however did not show pics - I redid the brass oarlocks to wood using toothpicks pull through drawplate (homemade) to 0.6mm.
View attachment 443963
View attachment 443965View attachment 443964
You guys must be sick of close ups so here are one or two pics of the whole ship :
View attachment 443967View attachment 443968View attachment 443966
Cheers Grant
Good morning Grant

Congratulations ship looks awesome. You added so many details small and big. Making a reserch is important step and intersting one on it's own. Another fantastic build log comes to en end. Have I told you ship looks awesome?:)

Good morning. Still considering my stand and case however my daughter came back from her secondment to Canada and bought me back some brass black:D:D:D. No more brass for my next ship. She also brought back an order from Zoly, at least I saved the delivery and import duty costs:D:D:D.
View attachment 445256
Cheers Grant

Which means you need to send her on vacation, all expenses paid, to Canada whenever you need more ship fittings :D.

Good morning. Ships boat was seated however did not show pics - I redid the brass oarlocks to wood using toothpicks pull through drawplate (homemade) to 0.6mm.
View attachment 443963
View attachment 443965View attachment 443964
You guys must be sick of close ups so here are one or two pics of the whole ship :
View attachment 443967View attachment 443968View attachment 443966
Cheers Grant
Those pictures truly do her justice, for some odd reason I find that she belongs; home in (South-)Africa.
Again a beautiful build, the sails do add to her appearance, making her a true sailing vessel. I'm glad you added those.
Still missing that Chinook on the helideck, though.

Those pictures truly do her justice, for some odd reason I find that she belongs; home in (South-)Africa.
Again a beautiful build, the sails do add to her appearance, making her a true sailing vessel. I'm glad you added those.
Still missing that Chinook on the helideck, though.
Good morning Johan. Thank you. I owe those sails to you- Thanks. Maybe when I next print on my printer I will add a chinook.......Just for you ;) . Cheers Grant

Good afternoon.
I am getting some decent (hopefully) American Walnut bases for the stand. I am going to make a display case for my Victory at the same time. Last week I printed some of the Lions (same as on the rail) which will hold the ship onto the walnut base:

I drilled a 2mm hole through the resin Lions and a steel Rod run through the Lion into the ship. I had the the bulkheads marked and luckily the rod runs deep up the bulkhead. Pretty strong.
716026EA-CA3D-4E51-A708-739E88440F4B.jpeg
7C1F694A-625B-40E6-A489-1A7020B003A4.jpegE8B8A154-B13E-4AB1-8AA4-90D4503DA93A.jpeg
….and of course I get the angle of the fore Lion slightly out. Drilling upside down- I have an excuse.ROTFROTF. I have not glued them in so maybe I can fix it??
Cheers Grant

WOW grant!! That's one of the coolest ships stand I have ever seen. Well done!
Thanks Daniel. Sometimes being lazy works, although mostly not ;) .
looks great! congratulations. About your 3D printer, is it a resin or a filament printer?
Hi Jack. I have a Resin printer. Messy and smelly but if you get the file and splicing right (not often in my case) it gives some good detail. Cheers Grant

Thanks Daniel. Sometimes being lazy works, although mostly not ;) .

Hi Jack. I have a Resin printer. Messy and smelly but if you get the file and splicing right (not often in my case) it gives some good detail. Cheers Grant
i have a filament printer myself; heavily modified with upgrades. ALl that is missing is a supercharger, lol. One day I will try to print out a figurehead to see what I can get out of it.

Back