Hohenzollernmodell 1660-1670 Scale 1/75 POF build by Stephan Kertész (Steef66)

Thanks Tobias.

I used these tools to make it. End mills, little chisels and files.
Just marking with the knife a straight line and then use what can be useful. First the chisel, then the end mills and at least those files of corradi cut 2 (extra fine)

The end mills are a kind of practise you need. Just learn them to use. Every mill has a different approach. When you find out how they work the best, you can do anything with them.

View attachment 441669View attachment 441670View attachment 441671
Thanks for showing your method for mouldings and the tools you use Stephan. I’ve been struggling trying to get a consistent look for my headrails, especially the curves.

I’m really enjoying following your excellent work.

Thanks for showing your method for mouldings and the tools you use Stephan. I’ve been struggling trying to get a consistent look for my headrails, especially the curves.

I’m really enjoying following your excellent work.
Thanks Roger for enjoying my work. And great that I can give you a way of doing the headrails.

King Ali thanks you all for the visit, likes and comments. They make me feel good, thanks.

Making these floor timbers is boring and takes a lot of time. Most drying time. But I'm almost done with this. What comes next is shaping the top of the floor timbers. I'm already started with the rough shape of this.
I looked in Peter's his Balders buildlog and see him with tweezers making the frames, well that's in my case another thing. Hammer, chisel and noise, for sure that last thing keeps the admiral away.

IMG_4432.JPG
IMG_4433.JPG

The next 4 last pieces are made from 2 parts.

IMG_4435.JPG
IMG_4436.JPG
IMG_4437.JPG

Thanks for watching

King Ali thanks you all for the visit, likes and comments. They make me feel good, thanks.

Making these floor timbers is boring and takes a lot of time. Most drying time. But I'm almost done with this. What comes next is shaping the top of the floor timbers. I'm already started with the rough shape of this.
I looked in Peter's his Balders buildlog and see him with tweezers making the frames, well that's in my case another thing. Hammer, chisel and noise, for sure that last thing keeps the admiral away.

View attachment 443819
View attachment 443820

The next 4 last pieces are made from 2 parts.

View attachment 443821
View attachment 443822
View attachment 443823

Thanks for watching
That is a lot a work, Stephan. They are very nice in shape, following the flow of the planks.
Regards, Peter

That is a lot a work, Stephan. They are very nice in shape, following the flow of the planks.
Regards, Peter
Thanks Peter, maybe I leave this shape. But around the keel it is to thick, need to go down there. The distance between the inner and outer planking will be to much. So there is stil a lot of work. I have to look for a shorter chisel. Mine are 26 cm long, but there are shorter ones in the store (14 cm.). Maybe they are better to handle. So we have another reason to shop for new tools :p Baptist here I come!

At first, when I saw the hammer on the table, I screamed - "Oh...No..., He is going to test the model on strength! :eek:
But then I read your post and relaxed. Lesson learned: Don't judge from the images only, read the post. ROTF

Great work as always, Steph! A quick question: How sharp are your chisels, why do you need a hammer? A super sharp chisel should plunge into the wood like teeth in the butter.

At first, when I saw the hammer on the table, I screamed - "Oh...No..., He is going to test the model on strength! :eek:
But then I read your post and relaxed. Lesson learned: Don't judge from the images only, read the post. ROTF

Great work as always, Steph! A quick question: How sharp are your chisels, why do you need a hammer? A super sharp chisel should plunge into the wood like teeth in the butter.
Thanks Jim ROTF yes a hammer could be heavy to see. I need a small round wooden hammer. This one is to big to handle.
The chisels are sharpen by myself. I learned myself a way to do it from YouTube. It works and after the leather strop they shine like a mirror. They go through the wood like butter. But you need a hammer because the space is not big, so with little taps you go with the chisel in the direction you want. 90% of the time I don't need the hammer to reach my goal.

About sharpen chisels, you don't need expensive chisels to work with when you use them like me just for the hobby. When you know how to sharpening them in the right way, a budget chisel will do the job too.

Back