Hohenzollernmodell 1660-1670 Scale 1/75 POF build by Stephan Kertész (Steef66)

Thanks Peter, maybe I leave this shape. But around the keel it is to thick, need to go down there. The distance between the inner and outer planking will be to much. So there is stil a lot of work. I have to look for a shorter chisel. Mine are 26 cm long, but there are shorter ones in the store (14 cm.). Maybe they are better to handle. So we have another reason to shop for new tools :p Baptist here I come!
I have this one for this.
550x398.jpg

King Ali thanks you all for the visit, likes and comments. They make me feel good, thanks.

Making these floor timbers is boring and takes a lot of time. Most drying time. But I'm almost done with this. What comes next is shaping the top of the floor timbers. I'm already started with the rough shape of this.
I looked in Peter's his Balders buildlog and see him with tweezers making the frames, well that's in my case another thing. Hammer, chisel and noise, for sure that last thing keeps the admiral away.

View attachment 443819
View attachment 443820

The next 4 last pieces are made from 2 parts.

View attachment 443821
View attachment 443822
View attachment 443823

Thanks for watching
Good afternoon Stephan. This is “my choice” of modelling where it almost looks real. A hammer and chisel “nogal”. Cheers Grant

Well Grant, a feast for the eyes for you and a lot of imagination for Paul's brains.
The floor Timbers are in place, now I can shape them at the richt thickness.
Made a small wooden hammer for the job, that gives more control and a measuring thing to make the deep on the keel equal.

IMG_4438.JPGIMG_4439.JPGIMG_4440.JPGIMG_4441.JPGIMG_4442.JPGIMG_4443.JPGIMG_4444.JPGIMG_4445.JPG

I actually think there's a lot to recommend that approach for the floors, at least. A super-sharp tool will allow you to pare away ever-so incrementally, leaving beautiful surfaces.
Thanks, yes it gives a better look then sanding. The only thing it will not be visible when the inner planking (wegering) is done.

Wow, Stephan, that is a very big tool for such a small ship. If you can, you can, as the saying goes, and you obviously can. Great work
Thanks Tobias, everything takes time and when you give it time it can be done. Just small taps with the hammer or very careful pushing the chisel will be the way how to handle this. The big tool is perfect to get them together in a line. But it is also a little to big to handle.

I'm now halfway, I reach the correct thickness and now I need to even everything in line. Not to secure of course, it's a Dutch ship. After that I have to make the keelson. This is a total different way of working. Every part need to paste in and adjust to each other.

Back