Le Rochefort 1/36 by Splinter

Moving right along ! looks good. A lot of work. Interesting you're using holes like that to show the interior !

Ok guys another update, the girders for the first floor have been placed, continued building the pump house and the first wall, these have been placed dry-fit and need some finishing work. But pictures say more than words.

IMG_5221.jpegIMG_5227.jpegIMG_5230.jpegIMG_5228.jpeg

Last edited:
Very good work - I like your details very much

Hello Everyone, thank you for all the likes and love's and the compliments. Yes I may be fast, but that has to do with the fact that I work on her for at least 4 hours a day. Unfortunately, I have been unable to do much or nothing for the last 3-4 days. . Here is my update up to today.

IMG_2347.jpeg

Hello everyone, it was quiet in this report for a while. But I can show you the next update. The deck beams are placed and everything is in place, I have even carefully started planking the deck.
The pace is good, although I must confess that I am one of those builders who do not make details that you do not see, which certainly saves a large amount of time. This does not mean that I will skip everything, certain details will be made. (It is a choice that you make for yourself). I don't have the skills and experience like Tobias and many other builders. That's why I leave the tips and tricks and detailed photos to what I consider to be professionals, but that doesn't mean that I'm afraid of comments on things that aren't right. On the contrary, I see comments as constructive criticism and I would say don't hold back.
IMG_5242.jpegIMG_5240.jpegIMG_5243.jpegIMG_5241.jpeg

Hello splinters, your Le Rochefort looks great. Thank you for your praise, but I'm not one of those professionals who play in a different league. Which details you want to show and which not is up to you, I can only agree with Dieter here, we build for ourselves. A lot of things are just as new for me as for you and I can't say whether what I've described is always the right way, there are certainly many other ways.

ok another update from me.
The deck is planked and the holes for the nails have been pre-drilled and the inside of the bulwark has also been placed. Furthermore, I made a start with the planking of the hull up to the Wales.

FullSizeRender.jpegIMG_5246.jpeg

Back