Model Airways Fokker Eindecker [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thanks everyone ! It was very fun to do and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Now, I'm looking for an Alfa Romeo 8C Pocher kit. Boy those things are rare. Please let me know if anyone knows where I could find one.
you can find some offered untouched kits on ebay, but with starting prices of 900 to 1.000 Euros - up to 1.500 Euro
I have a started one of the Mille Miglia version - the most interesting one in my opinion was the Dinner Jacket version......

This is one of the most interesting builds I have ever seen. You almost want to cover it with fabric and make it fly!
These Model Airways kits are a lot of fun! I have three at the moment, with only one build completed. But I would recommend to anyone who likes the vintage aircraft!
Great finish Francois! Looks fantastic! :)

Last edited:
This is the first ever time I have seen photos of any one of the various kits in this WWI series and I've known of them since the very beginning what, maybe 30 or more years ago? Your build is phenomenal, you have a high sense of attending to detail; I honor that in a modeler.

This is the first ever time I have seen photos of any one of the various kits in this WWI series and I've known of them since the very beginning what, maybe 30 or more years ago? Your build is phenomenal, you have a high sense of attending to detail; I honor that in a modeler.
This is so funny, I just built a Camel a few months back and have a build log. I guess people only look at recent logs?

This is so funny, I just built a Camel a few months back and have a build log. I guess people only look at recent logs?
Actually Dean, I am discovering logs that are old but new to me all the time. Sometimes you're wandering through the forum categories, others you are doing a word search and a build log piques your interest in the results, and most often someone makes a new post in an older or unknown build log and you see it in the new messages of the day. It's easy to have an old build log of yours disappear from interest over time, only to have some member you don't know send you a PM about it months or years later. Even after being here a few years, I'm still unaware of most of the forum's content. But it's fun to discover a new old build once in a while.

Actually Dean, I am discovering logs that are old but new to me all the time. Sometimes you're wandering through the forum categories, others you are doing a word search and a build log piques your interest in the results, and most often someone makes a new post in an older or unknown build log and you see it in the new messages of the day. It's easy to have an old build log of yours disappear from interest over time, only to have some member you don't know send you a PM about it months or years later. Even after being here a few years, I'm still unaware of most of the forum's content. But it's fun to discover a new old build once in a while.
I suppose this an obscure section, probably overlooked, unless the top build or two pique’s your interest.
But as far as the Model Airways kits go, I have seen many build logs online on many different sites. One only has to do a search for them. ;)

Uhnn, this is _not_ ". . . so funny, . . . "; while I've been a serious modeler since the 1950s I only learned of SoS a month ago when I bought a certain ship model. I'm sure tho that your model is nice.
Here is the link to the Dean's build, you have to see it to believe it!

Uhnn, this is _not_ ". . . so funny, . . . "; while I've been a serious modeler since the 1950s I only learned of SoS a month ago when I bought a certain ship model. I'm sure tho that your model is nice.
Maybe funny is not the right word, I think odd is the word I should have used? I say that because you mentioned seeing a Model Airways kit built for the first time in 30 years, like it was a rarity! However there is a few build logs here on SOS to start with and if you do an online search you will find build logs on the internet at many different modeling sites. There are vast examples of built Model Airways models. I know because I searched for reference material for when I build mine. I found build logs of all of the Model Airways WW1 airplanes. So I guess you just never actively searched? If you don’t own one of the models, then I can see why. But if you are interested in seeing more, there is a lot to see online. ;)

Hi Dean62,
I am new to this site and still trying to get my head around things, but i must agree with Stevedownunder there are so many excellent build logs it is knowing where to start.
I have already starting clicking the follow button on many builds and now I am not sure what I am following and what I am not.

Shipper - Curing back to your build log; very nice work. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure after seeing your work that you will come up with a unique display stand for it.

Dean62 - Lots of logs to view; so little time. I have my eye on one of the WW I warbird kits but it will have to wait until I return to the US and (hopefully) a more permanent location for displays.

I found a bit of time to design and fabricated a stand. Hanging it on the wall or from the ceiling didn't cut it. I wanted to display the model on a 12in deep shelf but It's a big plane and it didn't fit.
The solution was to build a stand that would hold the model in a nose dive position, thus using little shelf space, taking up the weight by using specific points on the plane while making sure it would not tople over. The stand also needed to let the viewer see the models details. This is what I came up with.

The idea
20221130_111457.jpg

The design
stand.jpg

Wooden router templates20221130_171840.jpg

Parts after routing
20221204_112830.jpg

Trial assy
20221204_135615.jpg

The final result
20221204_154937.jpg
20221204_154920.jpg