MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates, We have accomplished just a we bit more on our YQ-Bluenose this week, we have installed the Bluenose name across her stern. We have also painted a hand full of 3D printed salt cod fish and installed them in both the forward and after cargo holes. sorry about this picture but my camera would not focus in side of our ship but it does gives the idea a almost fully loaded Bluenose.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 407933

View attachment 407938

View attachment 407940

View attachment 408075

View attachment 408076

View attachment 408078
Good morning Lawrence. What a cool addition. Maybe we should have a little braai for some of that COD.... ;) . Cheers Grant

Hello Ship Mates, My Admiral Bernadette is starting to feel just a we bit better and starting to get her get up and go back as she has finished the Jumbo sail a couple of days ago and the little fellows and I have installed it. Starting to tidy up the fore deck but still have a way to go as yet.
Regards Lawrence

DSCN0111 - Copy.JPG

DSCN0112.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, My Admiral Bernadette is starting to feel just a we bit better and starting to get her get up and go back as she has finished the Jumbo sail a couple of days ago and the little fellows and I have installed it. Starting to tidy up the fore deck but still have a way to go as yet.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 409931

View attachment 409932
It’s good to reed that your Admiral Bernadette feels better and to see that she did a very fine job: making that very nice sail!
And for you a nice start of the ‘running rigging’. The sail stands nice, Lawrence.
Regard, Peter

It’s good to reed that your Admiral Bernadette feels better and to see that she did a very fine job: making that very nice sail!
And for you a nice start of the ‘running rigging’. The sail stands nice, Lawrence.
Regard, Peter
Hello Peter, Thank you very much for your very kind words and also for your concerns for my Admiral Bernadette. I lost another day in my Old Ship Yard yesterday due to the fact, I had to take our car out in the snow to have the oil changed, run out for grocery's, cooking and also helping around the house. The little fellows and I have the four sail ready to be installed, looking for more free time today.
Regards Lawrence.

Dear Lawrence
I was glad to hear that your Admiral Bernadette feels better and to see that she did a great work :)
it's going to be awesome ship model
Hello Shota, I thank you very much for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes Bernadette is some what better with more get up and go, as now she has over half of the main sail sewn up, looks like she will soon over take me.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Well we have made a little progress this last week as the little fellows and I have installed the fore sail and tiered up the fore deck ever so little.
Bernadette is in the midst of sewing up the main sail fore me. And making way with her Fudge Gifts for Christmas Gifts. As there is no hurry for the sail, as it will come in time.
Regards Lawrence

PS---Upon looking at my pictures I see that the fore gaff halliard had become quite slack, apron checking it out I found that in trimmed the line previously and over looked touching the knot with a dab of glue !!!!!

DSCN0113.JPG

DSCN0114.JPG

Last edited:
Those sails are definitely adding value to your model.
It's good you have the Admiral willing to sew your sails; it's a craft in it's own right.
Hello Johan, I thank you for your very kind words. Yes I do like sails on my ships as to me it seams to make them more real. Yes Bernadette loves to sew, She likes telling people that she sewed the sails and she dose do a great job of it.
Regards Lawrence

First of all I wish you all the best and a Happy Birthday.
Your Bluenose looks great and your admiral is doing a terrific job on the sails.
Enjoy this special day, and Happy New Year.

Back