Vanguard - unknown part

For those that have built the Victory Models/Amati Vanguard, do you know what this sheet of white metal is for? It does not appear in the parts list or instructions.

It is 70mm x 100mm x 1mm. It has the feel of lead, is very maleable, made of a soft white metal alloy.20240426_120452.jpg

I could imagine, that this would be good for the plating of a powder room...... but I think this kit does not have interior fittings, or?

Maybe for the iron bands around the masts (I forgot the correct english term), and / or the elm tree pumps

Screenshot 2024-04-26 133210.png

Definitely you can use it several times .....

The kit has a sheet of black cartridge paper to use for the iron bands on the masts. There are no internal fittings, so not for that either.

I did think it could be to use on the belfry to represent a lead covering?

The kit has a sheet of black cartridge paper to use for the iron bands on the masts. There are no internal fittings, so not for that either.

I did think it could be to use on the belfry to represent a lead covering?
lead covering was also my first idea how to use it

But I do not know the kit - maybe somebody can solve it

Here are all our Vanguard building logs -maybe you can find somewhere the answer or ask directly the owner of the topics

I think I've had a credible answer from the Wooden Ship Model Builders group on Facebook (see below). I will also use it for my original thought, to cover the roof of the belfry to represent a lead roof.

Darren Francis
Top contributor

Hi mate I found on the vanguard it is to make the water collectors each side above the captains cabin .these areas collect fresh water .
Cheers good luck snowy439620374_1594829058026247_5776511767109942973_n.jpg

Back