overview Why would I use such a tool (is this a tool????) in the Proxxon MF70

Can the tool shown below be used in a mill?

• * Certainly, Jim, I know exactly what it is for

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • * I'm kinda guess, but don't know for sure

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • * I have no idea, but...would like to know

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • * I don't know, and really don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Jim,
Great little teaser.
I would say it is a probe for a CMM.
In your Proxxon you might use it for an edge finder and if you got really tricky with the help of a multi meter it could help ensure a higher degree of accuracy.
Then again I could be way off the mark.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Agrre with this hypothesis too, but the size of the ball must be known accurately to deduce the distance from the edge.
You don't take measurement with a Proxxon MF70. So this is not a probe to take the measurement in mine opinion.

Greetings folks! That is me again, talking about Proxxon MF70 (hope you are not tired). :cool: This time, before the actual tutorial, I'd like to make a little quiz and see the responses. If you don't know, just do your best guess, the tutorial will follow shortly, in a few days...

Don't forget to vote!!! Good Luck!!!

View attachment 320250 View attachment 320251
My wag(wild ass guess) is that it is used to zero the Z axis? or my second guess is that it doesn't belong on the Proxxon machine at all... lol

Last edited:
My wag(wild ass guess) is that it is used to zero the Z axis? or my second guess is that it doesn't belong on the Proxxon machine at all... lol
You guessed it correct, Jack! It is nothing to do with just a Proxxon mill and could be used on any mill, perhaps. Also, I like the way you think about the 'zero' axis. ;)

Hi Jim,
Great little teaser.
I would say it is a probe for a CMM.
In your Proxxon you might use it for an edge finder and if you got really tricky with the help of a multi meter it could help ensure a higher degree of accuracy.
Then again I could be way off the mark.

Cheers,
Stephen.
Greetings Stephen, you guys are solid rocks when it comes to machinery and its use of it.

I am with Stephen - in german we say "Kantenfinder" means "edgefinder"
or it is a mill wich you destroyed ....
Oh no...I am not that good, wouldn't shape so nice destroyed endmill, but I may try...

You guessed it correct, Jack! It is nothing to do with just a Proxxon mill and could be used on any mill, perhaps. Also, I like the way you think about the 'zero' axis. ;)
There you go. Now I think I should go buy a lottery ticket. I seem to be having some good luck today. lol

Back