1/200 Titanic - Interiors?

I'm considering putting a lot of, what will ultimately be unseen, detail into the interiors of my 1/200 Titanic. I have records of what a lot of the floor tiles and wall panels in areas such as the Cafe Parisian, (Titanic: The Ship Magnificent) but am curious to find out if anyone else tackling this monster have created interiors and how they went about it. I know you can buy a bunch of 3D printed replacement parts to better replicate certain areas, but would prefer to give it a go myself. Considering using a Cricut machine for things like areas of floor tiles, etc. Thoughts? All ideas and suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance to our SoS community. :)

Hi there, The Model Boat Guy Titanic Log, of which there are now 29 posted episodes, includes the installation of interiors, mist of which will be at least difficult to see: grand staircases, restaurants including tiles, plants and furniture. One episode is titled Interiors. A lot of the details are pre- built and bought but I think the tiling is scratch built. Intention is to light all the public rooms for some view of the work. Cheers Francis

Hi there, The Model Boat Guy Titanic Log, of which there are now 29 posted episodes, includes the installation of interiors, mist of which will be at least difficult to see: grand staircases, restaurants including tiles, plants and furniture. One episode is titled Interiors. A lot of the details are pre- built and bought but I think the tiling is scratch built. Intention is to light all the public rooms for some view of the work. Cheers Francis
Hey there,
Thanks very much for that reference. I'll chase it up.
Cheers,
Steve
Steve this might help as well.

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. Greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Steve

Doing detailed interiors is a lot of fun and can be really rewarding. It would be frustrating to put all that work into details and then not seeing them. Try to find a way to add “windows” into the interior either with open areas or using clear plexiglass as a wall structure or deck structure. Put your work on display!

Doing detailed interiors is a lot of fun and can be really rewarding. It would be frustrating to put all that work into details and then not seeing them. Try to find a way to add “windows” into the interior either with open areas or using clear plexiglass as a wall structure or deck structure. Put your work on display!
Thanks Jim. Just hope I have to patience and skill to do what I hope to do. :)

I am not sure if you have this site for your interior details. Mostly details floor patterns, as well as the Palm Court and Parisienne Cafe. Hope this helps.

I am not sure if you have this site for your interior details. Mostly details floor patterns, as well as the Palm Court and Parisienne Cafe. Hope this helps.
Thanks again for the link. I did actually have that site bookmarked. His designs are made to suit the 1/350 scale model, but I'm having a shot at enlarging them to suit the 1/200 scale. Got a few options building up now, thanks in no small part to the members of SoS. Cheers!

Back