1/600 Queen Mary 2

Nice work on you your QM2 Model.
I oversaw the fitting out and commissioning of all the hotel areas on board the QM2 during her construction at Chantier de Atlantique in Saint Nazaire, France back in 2003.
It was an amazing project to work on.

Nice work on you your QM2 Model.
I oversaw the fitting out and commissioning of all the hotel areas on board the QM2 during her construction at Chantier de Atlantique in Saint Nazaire, France back in 2003.
It was an amazing project to work on.
Thanks Beau. That sounds like a really cool job, once in a lifetime experience. I'm not really giving this kit the attention I should as I just wanted to do a quick build to try and build all the 1/600 liners. I have her in 1/400 scale which I plan to do in much more detail. This is good practice as I think they are similar in kit construction.

More progress on 1/600 Queen Mary 2. I’ve decided I’m going to build this straight out of the box with hardly any PE for a change. I think the cost of PE railings to do this kit will be more money than the kit. Just the balconies alone would be expensive. Out of the box really makes it a quick build.8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg

I said I was gonna build this out of the box but I flip flopped and started doing black PE railings on the balconies of 1/600 QM2. Did the first four blocks on one side. I have some Gold Medal stainless PE which I can never seem to bend correctly so I’ll use it up here since these are straight runs. I’ll use brass for the rest of the railings. I also changed the color of the screw blades from copper to something more towards a steel color.13 Balconies.jpg14 Balconies.jpg15 Screws.jpg

Chris:
Very nice and lots of intricate railings and windows.
Great job, great looking model and I know how hard is to build.
I use to work for the man that supplied the models for Disney Wold cruisers., he lived close to me here in Miami.
He had a shop in Taiwan were he used to produce them, but when they shipped the models to him, many got damaged and I used to repair them.
Here is picture from the web that shows the models I’m talking about, sadly back then I didn’t take pictures.
E2936221-CEBE-49C3-B4D5-0E22E6DA5649.jpeg

Thanks Bluebeard, that sounds like a pretty cool job you had there!

That’s all for 1/600 Queen Mary 2. Out of the box with some railings. The funnel decals had me using curse words I didn’t even know I knew lol. Time for a break. I am going to build a 3D printer from a kit and try to learn how to use it.20 Done.jpg21 Done.jpg22 Done.jpg

Marvelous
What made you chose this particular ship?
Thanks Bluebeard. I started building these ocean liners a little over a year ago. This is the seventh one I've built. I built this particular ship just because I'm trying to build all the liners I can find and this one just happened to come up next. I'm trying to finish all the 1/600 scale ships before I move back to the larger scales.

I said I was gonna build this out of the box but I flip flopped and started doing black PE railings on the balconies of 1/600 QM2. Did the first four blocks on one side. I have some Gold Medal stainless PE which I can never seem to bend correctly so I’ll use it up here since these are straight runs. I’ll use brass for the rest of the railings. I also changed the color of the screw blades from copper to something more towards a steel color.View attachment 225048View attachment 225049View attachment 225050
Nice work, Chris. Where is your source to get those great PE railings etc? I have a bunch of models that I have lined up that will need some and I would love to get good quality ones.

I either use Gold Medal, Tom's Model Works, or White Ensign. I have found Gold Medal is the sturdiest. They all have advantages and disadvantages dependent on the model in my experience.

I either use Gold Medal, Tom's Model Works, or White Ensign. I have found Gold Medal is the sturdiest. They all have advantages and disadvantages dependent on the model in my experience.
Thanks, Chris.... I found some Gold Medal stuff a full set for $70... Gold Medal Models have been bought by someone else and are not selling from their own site anymore, but I assume the new owners will start up again (I hope)... I found mine at https://squadron.com for the same price that GMM sold for, so at least they are still available. A question: do they take gentle spraying with a primer included paint? I don't want to clog up the gaps, but also want them to look smoothly white...

Back