1/70 Soleil Royal by Paulb [COMPLETED]

After 18 months, my 1/70 scale model of the Soleil Royal is finally finished. Actually I had a great time, the ship went together pretty much without any problems. The material and plans were first rate. The only thing I could fault is the castings as they aren't up to todays standards as fantastic results can be achieved with 3D printing. I am really happy with the result and it looks great in my display room. There are more pictures and a build log here:
_FPB8752.jpg_FPB8760.jpg_FPB8763.jpg_FPB8772.jpg_FPB8780.jpg_FPB8789.jpg_FPB8791.jpg_FPB8797.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for looking/following my build, and for all of the kind remarks and constructive comments.

A truly beautiful ship on display.

Congratulation on the finished build.

Do you have display case planned to keep dust off the fine ship presented?

A truly beautiful ship on display.

Congratulation on the finished build.

Do you have display case planned to keep dust off the fine ship presented?
Thanks for your comment - I looked over that post and realized that I hadn't added the last two pictures. The last picture shows the ship in its case. There are a LOT of mistakes and things I could do better next time, but overall I'm happy with the result. I will be 72 soon, so I doubt I will venture this way again. I still have my Brigantine Phoenix to finish.

Last edited:
Well you have a lot of good experience behind your next build, both the good way and a little don't do it that way!

Have a grand time on your next project.

I like the design of these grand ships, but not the fancy decorations and paint of the period.

Excelente trabajo, es un barco muy elegante, felicidades saludos !!

Excellent work, it is a very elegant boat, congratulations greetings!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Paul

Fantastic job. I did follow your log and you did a great job. I will use it as reference for mine when the time comes.

Best !!!
Daniel

Back