118 Gun French three-decker - Le Commerce de Marseille / L'Ocean - scale 1:72

Te wymienione są na zdjęciu wyżej. W następnym modelu będę chciał okienka i prę innych rzeczy jako gotowce tak żebym nie musiał ich robić i żeby nie straszyć moimi strugańcami. Mi to oszczędzi czas i nikt nie będzie marudził, że koślawe.
These replaced are in the photo above. In the next model, I want windows and a few other things as ready-made items so that I don't have to make them and so that I don't scare you with my "scratch". It will save me time and no one will complain that it's crooked.
Napiszę Ci coś. Jak spoglądasz na model to Ci się podoba ?
Tak. Twój model jest wspaniały, bez względu na to co wymyślają, zwróć uwagę tylko na jedno - Ty będziesz na niego patrzył, Ty go skończysz i Ty go na końcu sam go ocenisz. Sam fakt że robisz ten model to już wyprawa z motyką na księżyc. Doceniam to bardzo.
A inni ? ocenią go ze zdjęć. Popatrz na inne modele, ogólnie to nawet na bardzo kiepskim modelu, jedno dobrze zrobione zdjęcie zrobi wrażanie, tylko co z tego jak z bliska to jest fabryczna "utopia", i nikt nie pokaże wiecej ???
Kontynuuj prace, tutaj ludzie są bardzo przyjaźni, z szacunkiem docenią Twoją pracę. Sam już powinieneś zrozumieć gdzie chcą Cię wesprzeć, kto chce pomóc, a kto po prostu zazdrości, bo sam nawet tego nie zrobi...
Uwierz mi, jak zrobisz coś kilka razy, to dopracujesz to do tego stopnia, ze kolejna część będzie zrobiona profesjonalnie !
Rób swoje, przy kolejnym modelu to poprawisz.
Pozdrawiam

I'll write you something. When you look at the model, do you like it?
Yes. Your model is great, no matter what they come up with, just pay attention to one thing - you will look at it, you will finish it and you will evaluate it yourself at the end. The very fact that you are making this model. I appreciate it very much.
And others ? they will judge it from the photos. Look at other models, in general, even on a very poor model, one well-taken photo will make an impression, but so what if it's a utopia up close and no one will show more???
Keep working, people here are very friendly, they will appreciate your work with respect. You should already understand where they want to support you, who wants to help and who is just jealous because they won't even do it themselves...
Believe me, if you do something a few times, you will refine it to such an extent that the next part will be done professionally! Do your thing, you will improve it in the next model.

Kuba, I confirm your opinion. There is a completely different atmosphere on this forum than on... I don't want to make an "advertisement" here.
Each subsequent detail, each subsequent model or activity leads to an increase in quality. Positive criticism and suggestions can stimulate action and correction of mistakes.
You shouldn't worry about someone being picky just to make life more enjoyable
All the best!

Dzięki za dobre słowa.
Tak podoba mi się. Obiektywnie rzecz biorąc poprzednie okienka były słabe i zamierzałem je wymienić. Pokazując je na tamtym forum chciałem wypuścić balonik próbny i wyciągnąłem wnioski. Atmosfera tutaj jest zdecydowanie lepsza a ludzie, którzy tworzą rzemieślnicze cuda są naprawdę przyjaźni. A model cały czas kontynuuje, czekam na kilka części, jak już to poskładam to na pewno to wrzucę. I dzięki jeszcze raz

Thanks for the kind words.Yes, I like it. Objectively speaking, the previous windows were poor quality and I intended to replace them. By showing them on that forum, I wanted to release a test balloon and I drew some conclusions. The atmosphere here is definitely better and the people who create craft wonders are really friendly. I intend to continue building the model, still waiting for a few parts, once I put it together, I will definitely post it. Oh and thanks again

Last edited:
Hello all

It's been some time from last update. As you can see she's now pratialy armed. I'm waiting for some pieces to start placing guns on half deck.I almost finished making cheeks with elements around them. Still need to fit some curvy part below them and get some nice color. I also need your help in choosing right rope diameter for anchors.
20240112_194054.jpg
20240112_194110.jpg

What I can understand from this description

1. Two 8000 pounds anchors ar in the hold, so no need to make them
2. On port side are: 1x6800, 1x3000, 1x2500
On starboard side : 1x7700, 1x7000

Ropes in 1/72
5x2,86
2x2,75
2x1,43
1x1,37

Do I get it right? Is this the right number of anchors or do I need to add some, because in their function there's always pair on each side, but it's not said directly?
What about ropes how do you pair them with weight?

What does it mean: is fitted on fore chanel? - Is it at the height of deadeyes?

Cable vs cablet- difference only in diameter?

Thanks for any help with this subject
DSC_0696.JPG
DSC_0697.JPG
DSC_0695.JPG

Tutaj masz jeden z najlepszych opisów co do kabli. Problem jest tego typu że bardo duża część olinowania w monografii jednostek francuskich jest robiona na wzór tych angielskich albo hiszpańskich. I nie pewności czy zastosowanie tego typu lin na tej jednostce miało miejsce.
U ciebie jest na tyle dobrze ze masz podana średnice w milimetrach. W starszych monografiach, jednostki są podane w calach, i teraz nie wiadomo w jakich calach. Czasami jest napisane po prostu cal a czasami pouce. Jeżeli będziesz miał cokolwiek podane w calach weź pod uwagę że cal francuski (pouce) a cal angielski to rożne miary, i trzeba bardzo dobrze sprawdzić to w opisie monografii, jeżeli zaczniesz jedna przeliczoną miarę to już do końca pasuje się tego trzymać, bo potem wychodzą rożne głupoty.

Here you have one of the best descriptions of cables. The problem is that a large part of the rigging of French units is modeled on English or Spanish ones. And I'm not sure whether this type of rope was used on this vessel.
Your situation is good enough to provide diameters in millimeters. In older monographs, units are given in inches, and now it is not clear in what inches. Sometimes it just says inch and sometimes it says pouce. If you have anything given in inches, take into account that the French inch (pouce) and the English inch are different measurements, and you need to check it very carefully in monograph, if you start with one measurement, it is best to stick to it until the end, because later all sorts of stupid things will happen.

Bardziej chodziło mi o ilość i wagę tych kotwic. Spotkałesię sie kiedyś z takim rozłożeniem: dwie ciężkie kotwice na jedną stronę a jedna ciężka plus dwie średnie? Nie wiem po prostu czy do tych kotwic robić linę 3mm czy 2,7mm. Skąd wzięło się pięć lin zakładając, że jest to jednej na kotwice, coś tu się po prostu nie sumuje. Może są do czegoś innego, tylko to jest grubsze nawet od sztagów, więc co innego niż kotwica? Ostatecznie mogę uśrednić oba rozmiary tylko czy dobrze dobrałem kotwice

I was more interested in the number and weight of these anchors. Have you ever encountered such a distribution: two heavy anchors on one side and one heavy anchor plus two medium ones? I just don't know whether to use a 3mm or 2.7mm rope for these anchors. Where did the five ropes come from, assuming it was one for anchors, something just doesn't add up. Maybe they are for something else, but it is thicker even than stays, so what else than an anchor? Ultimately, I can average both sizes, but did I chose the anchors correctly?

Whole element is finished now. I didn't use any paint. It's some orange pear and maple +linseed oil.
As for the cables I used Amati ones 2,5mm , 2mm , 1,5mm. They aren't perfectly matched, but I think they look good on the model. Besides I haven't found any ropes with larger diameter. The advice I got from Kuba(@kuba91nt) was very helpful, also the table with rope diameters in Fitting and Riggin a 74 GS from Francis Jonet helped to sort things out.

As for now I'm waiting for 3d printed carriages from @SZKUTNIK beacuse (yet again) with out straight planks I can't make any more complicated elements that require very high precision

20240118_200414.jpg
20240118_200257.jpg

Wow...you're doing really great! You chose the color of the wood perfectly, and as for any gaps or gaps, I don't see much that could be criticized... Congratulations!
P.S. What are these "wagons"/carriages you mention?

Wow...you're doing really great! You chose the color of the wood perfectly, and as for any gaps or gaps, I don't see much that could be criticized... Congratulations!
P.S. What are these "wagons"/carriages you mention?
Lawety do dział

Witaj
Piękna lina Wojtek. Szkoda że nie próbowałeś lawet zrobić sam , tak dobrze frezowałeś okna . Pozdrawiam Mirek

Witaj
Piękna lina Wojtek. Szkoda że nie próbowałeś lawet zrobić sam , tak dobrze frezowałeś okna . Pozdrawiam Mirek
Dzięki, ale nie ja ją robiłem, to produkt Amati. Opaliłem je tylko żeby pozbyć się włosków.
Mam wciąż problem z deskami. Muszę jakoś przerobić piłę proxxona żeby docinał równe szerokości. Pojedyncze elementy mogę dopasować do wzoru, a przy większej ilości frezowanie idzie krzywo i są różnice w głębokości przez co nie mogę robić powtarzalnych elementów

Wojtass, your progress is astounding and your paint-with-wood approach has worked beautifully. I think that your plank work is excellent and that your stern windows look superb. Excellent work!

Wojtass, your progress is astounding and your paint-with-wood approach has worked beautifully. I think that your plank work is excellent and that your stern windows look superb. Excellent work!
Thank you very much for such approttiaton.It's especially worth when comes from someone with far more skill

Hello all

I started working on side galleries and columns. It's just the beginning as I need to do it x2 plus a lot of other carved thingies.
These colors I got from orange pear and maple +linseed oil. To make columns I used three cutters counting from right. They're from proxxon set
20240224_161702.jpg20240224_161903.jpg20240224_162135.jpg

Last edited:
Hello
I want to show you little something. I guess little is key part:). This is one shot only,as making them all this detailed pretty much sets me up for another year.
I'm trying out some other concepts of simplifying them. Making a photo was actually much harder than making this pillar
20240303_211207.jpg20240303_211550.jpg

Witaj
Robienie takich małych elementów z powtarzalnością to zawsze duże wyzwanie trzymam Wojtek za ciebie kciuki . Pozdrawiam Mirek

Back