1669 Soleil Royal - ZHL [COMPLETED BUILD]

Last edited:
Hello
I have completed channels, dead eyes and chains on the starboard side as well as both cannon rows.
I'll be adding "fleur de lys" on the top row gun ports.

View attachment 250866
View attachment 250870
View attachment 250874
View attachment 250875

Next will be the rudder
Gilbert, I wish mine were turning out as well as yours! I cut too much out from the bulkheads for my gun boxes and my sides are looking a bit wavy. Maybe the other side will turn out better and we can use that as the show side. Yours looks beautiful. You've done a masterful job.

Gilbert, I wish mine were turning out as well as yours! I cut too much out from the bulkheads for my gun boxes and my sides are looking a bit wavy. Maybe the other side will turn out better and we can use that as the show side. Yours looks beautiful. You've done a masterful job.
Thanks Vic
May be you could repair the bulkheads with wood filler?

I am starting today a build of the Soleil Royal based on the ZHL kit.

For information, below the details in terms of pricing and shipment.
I have ordered the kit on October 27th and have received the box today November 9th. This means a total of 13 days from order to delivery, which is pretty good I have to say.
I paid via Paypal a total of $398 + $138.5 for shipment to France via FedEx. In addition I have been charged 43 euros for customs (25 euros customers fee + 18 euros FedEx handling fee).
The box came from Shenzen in China.

I'll be posting my progress using this log and will leverage the Ships of Scale logs that have previously been posted for the Soleil Royal:
I'll also be leveraging the very good content available from the French model boats forum La Royale Modélisme that includes several posts related to le Soleil Royal.

I expect to post my progress on a weekly basis.
Hallo Gilbert alias @Gilbertm
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your special day
Birthday-Cake

Back