17th Century Naval Cannon - 1:12 scale - by DocBlake [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hey Dave,
That so looks amazing that I downloaded Jeff's plans for later use. As to the dollar near your cannon for size comparison, I'll quote Arthur, "The $1 price tag seems very reasonable!". ;)

Beautiful work Dave.
It's a pity about the cost of ebony, but what I have heard ebony is a bi##h to work with.
Foot in mouth moment: I'm not saying that you are not capable of using ebony, I understand the cost is too expensive. That is why I haven't use it before.
Me and my big mouth, I think I'm getting deeper. My mouth is going to get me in trouble one day!
Havagooday and happymodeling
Greg
This is an interesting project and very well done, love it all. Regarding the Ebony, suggestion.....Look around at the car boot sales and sometimes, just sometimes, one can find all sorts of second hand items, like, in this case , a gavel , for example. Fabulous modelling, enjoyed looking at your site. Have a great day. Chris

Just a little diversion from my other projects. This will be a 1:12 scale model of a 17th century naval cannon. The plans were drawn by Jeff Staudt and are available at Navy Board Models. https://www.navyboardmodels.com/sites/default/files/documents/plans/cannon-1-12.pdf

This is the same gun and carriage plans we used for our 17th century battle station build. The scale is much larger, and my plan is to turn the cannon out of hard maple. I have a midi lathe and have done some turning of furniture parts, but the cannon should be a challenge. The photos show one sheet of the plans and my own turned furniture parts. The columns on the tall clock are mine turnings, not the stairway balusters!View attachment 52059View attachment 52061View attachment 52062
Hi, nicely done build. The plans are no longer available on this link. Do you know where I could find them?

I have attached a copy for the 1:12 scale cannon. Maybe one of the Admins can make this available here at SOS for download without having to read my thread? Also, Winston: Can you list this plan over at the MSW "Projects" section?

Attachments

• cannon-1-12.pdf
    465.7 KB · Views: 23
Back