18th Century Longboat

Very good result for the first ship model - Congratulations

Awesome! I'm working on it now. It's my first model also. I'm stuck on the planking though. How did you line out the hulls for planking the bow? Any suggestions on how to go about it?

Awesome! I'm working on it now. It's my first model also. I'm stuck on the planking though. How did you line out the hulls for planking the bow? Any suggestions on how to go about it?
benjaming45, use the search tool on top right and enter the kit name, it should be able to pull a listing of build logs and any other mail traffic you can read thru, when you find the right one you can start at first entry and watch thru, you can also PM the creator of the build log for questions or comments.

Also, please start a build log on your current project, with text and photos you can show what you have completed or what problems your having and the grand crew here will pipe in with comments.

benjaming45, use the search tool on top right and enter the kit name, it should be able to pull a listing of build logs and any other mail traffic you can read thru, when you find the right one you can start at first entry and watch thru, you can also PM the creator of the build log for questions or comments.

Also, please start a build log on your current project, with text and photos you can show what you have completed or what problems your having and the grand crew here will pipe in with comments.
Thank you! I'll do that!

I am afraid I wont be much help. I tried to soak the planking to bend it to shape and taper the planks at the bow. I also sanded and used filler where I screwed up. Have fun! Look forward to seeing your progress and finished model.

Back