3000 Members

Many thanks
and very interesting is the fact, that we doubled the membership in approximately only one year.
But not only the numbers of members is growing, also the "traffic", means the number of postings
-> SOS is also getting more and more attractive - and this is the "work" of all members - many thanks for this from my side Thumbs-Up

Next doubled digit goal is 6000,I think it will be sooner then we think,also out of that 3000 25%- 750 are active members and signed in regulary,no other forums has that high activity compared to the total members.Thanks to everyone for making this forum a big family.

Last edited:
Certainly a great milestone has been achieved.Thankyou to everyone as it is everyone that makes this forum what it is today.
I completely agree with Zoly,yes some other forums may boast massive membership,how many actually post and are active?That is the key factor.We have a high percentage that post,share their work and help others,that is what makes the difference:cool:
Here's to the next 3000 and many more varied model buildsBeer

Kind Regards

Nigel

Well done SOS! Fortunately the initials mean something other than a distress call for more members or the forum is foundering. At a time when many hobbies are bemoaning the loss of members and lack of interest this forum seems to be doing it right. I think the friendly atmosphere accompanied by help and advice, no matter the standard of modelling, is the way forward. The membership numbers are most encouraging. Again, congratulations.
William

Very glad I found this site not that long ago. I've been modelling for 25 years or so but have learnt so many little tricks just browsing around other peoples posts and logs. One thing that sticks out is how many use power tools. My tool kit only has a Dremel. I look at the prices of the power stuff and go hmmm, and buy another kit or a heap of wood or something. Might be time to change.

Very glad I found this site not that long ago. I've been modelling for 25 years or so but have learnt so many little tricks just browsing around other peoples posts and logs. One thing that sticks out is how many use power tools. My tool kit only has a Dremel. I look at the prices of the power stuff and go hmmm, and buy another kit or a heap of wood or something. Might be time to change.

This sounds so familiar.I lasted 25 years with just a Dremel.I used to baulk at the tool prices as well.I think things changed for me when I started pushing the envelope kit bashing.Nearly everything I make I can do by hand,the biggest factor is time.When I started out I had plenty of time but little spare cash.Now I have more disposable income but less time.My attitude has changed a lot,if something will save me time,I will buy it(within reason),I may have to wait a little until I can afford it.From my experience this hobby became much more pleasurable with a little helping hand in the way of power tools.I have spent countless hours in the past cutting and shaping parts by hand and it can become a chore.Now I have moved to scratch building, the tools become more of a necessity if I wish to complete something in a realistic timeframe.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Back