3D Rendering Enthusiast

Hello there, first of all, thanks guys for having me in your nice Forum.
Primarily, I am Engineer and 3D professional, working with various
industry concepts and 3d visual developments. Particularly in love
with boats, sea, and craftmanship. In 3d, building a nice realistic 3d
boat model would not be possible without blueprints, but mostly
one relies on the "look & feel" that skilled wooden boat builders bring
in their models, trying to bring most of the authenticity.

Inspiring modelers, and nice blueprints... ideas, creativity..i believe all here.

I am attaching some of my renders to, just to present what exactly i am doing..

Cheers
Ivo

Lusoria_Navis001.jpg

TerraNauta_Final_01.jpg

TerraNauta_Final_02.jpg

cam01.jpg

cam02.jpg

cam03.jpg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hello Guys again and thank you all for the warm welcome.

So basically, if there is a General Arrangement plan available in CAD format (or jpg, png image) the first step would be importing into 3DStudio Max. The next step is modeling individual components piece by piece, trying to adjust geometry with curvature and all the necessary details on the vessel. Most of the time, when working on personal projects the main goal is finding a good resolution Blueprint or GA so it can be imported and correctly scaled inside 3DS Max.

Tedious modeling, constant checking, and examining the details with geometry, I believe, do not differ so much from your meticulous woodwork and details polishing wooden models. Of course, the result is significantly different when you touch the wooden model, paint or add wear and tear effects, but I suppose we all like to see beautiful and "realistic" models shine in their glory, regardless of the medium it's made of.

When the modeling process is done, the next phase is to add materials (shaders) and add a real camera to the environment. The ocean surface is achieved via various simulation software. The rendering engine I am using is Corona Renderer, and it can create really nice physically correct lighting. Final touch is post-production (renders or animation) in any DCC software (in my case, Affinity Photo or Davinci Resolve).

I hope I'm not polluting this wonderful forum with digital modeling because nothing can replace dust, a scalper, or a saw and the smell of wood... ;)

Here are some shots of some phases during work.

Thanks and regards
Ivo

PB55_PALM_BEACH_PB55_Screenshots.jpg

PB55_Cam1.jpg

P2_19-07-2017.jpg

C000.jpg

C000.jpg

Camera_FrontBow.jpg

Back