A completely normal and utterly mundane Bluenose build log in which the author totally DOES NOT cut his model in half.

No, you might say I am a little put off of doing that right now...

No, you might say I am a little put off of doing that right now...
I can imagine that. Therefore no program-emoji as reaction on your post. They are not sufficient.. :(

Given your 1st photo where the box and foil looks good, I think that somewhere during shipping and transport handling, a heavy object or something came with force on top or bottom, more or less the middle of the box. With possibly tension and bending on the parts. In the event of a lateral disturbance, both ship's wheels do not break in this way. And the long wooden parts don't jump out of their boards.
But all in all, this is now hindsight reasoning. You now have this downer and this result.

So Rob, Hopefully you will soon have the energy to check the parts and you got back the energy to start with your BN.
And for broken parts: I am sure Heinrich and Xiuli will be helpfull!
Regards, Peter

I have finished putting all the sprues back together. It took me about 6 hours since all but two had come apart in some fashion, with most being about 80-90% apart. The more I did, the more convinced I became that if I didn't complete the task I would never be able to build the thing since it was so hard to figure out which part went where. I'll be honest, there was more than one point in which I was willing to throw the $300 in the trash can and be done with it. There are a couple broken pieces of the decking, but I never intended to use the deck in the first place. However both steering wheels are broken badly. I am afraid this has all left a rather bad taste in my mouth, so my apologies, but this build will be on hiatus until I have calmed down about it. I'll work on something else in the meantime.

edited to remove melodrama

Last edited:
I have finished putting all the sprues back together. It took me about 6 hours since all but two had come apart in some fashion, with most being about 80-90% apart. The more I did, the more convinced I became that if I didn't complete the task I would never be able to build the thing since it was so hard to figure out which part went where. I'll be honest, there was more than one point in which I was willing to throw the $300 in the trash can and be done with it. There are a couple broken pieces of the decking, but I never intended to use the deck in the first place. However both steering wheels are broken badly. I am afraid this has all left a rather sour taste in my mouth, so my apologies, but this build will be on hiatus until I have calmed down about it. I might go back to working on a Syren I have, or maybe start the Bonhomme Richard, which I had planned to save for later. Or heck, I might even say F it and start the Victory, tho I don't think I am quite ready for that yet.. IDK when it will be, but I will let you all know when I feel up to cracking open this box again. My apologies, gentlemen and gentleladies. I bid you fair winds and following seas on your respective Bluenoses. I will see you in the other forums.
I can understand your frustration, however I am certain they will send you another ships wheel, as you only need one. I might have one leftover that I printed, and would be willing to ship to you free of charge. In addition, anything broken can be replaced. I am sure @Heinrich would be willing to assist you in getting any replacement parts. Don’t let this take the proverbial wind out of your sails. It’s a fun ship to build, with its challenges, but worth the effort. ;)

I have finished putting all the sprues back together. It took me about 6 hours since all but two had come apart in some fashion, with most being about 80-90% apart. The more I did, the more convinced I became that if I didn't complete the task I would never be able to build the thing since it was so hard to figure out which part went where. I'll be honest, there was more than one point in which I was willing to throw the $300 in the trash can and be done with it. There are a couple broken pieces of the decking, but I never intended to use the deck in the first place. However both steering wheels are broken badly. I am afraid this has all left a rather bad taste in my mouth, so my apologies, but this build will be on hiatus until I have calmed down about it. I'll work on something else in the meantime.

edited to remove melodrama
What a sad but completely understandable message, Rob.
I assume your package was also transported by FedEx?
Maybe an option to report this by FedEx? Together with Heinrich's @Heinrich photo of the open package before shipping and the photos taken by you. With the payment of the shipping costs, FedEx had a agreement to 'properly' transport a package from A to B and deliver it 'properly'. I suspect that the sender must initiate the procedure. They entered into the agreement.
Hopefully you will soon get the energy to start building again.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Let me be clear, I haven't reported this to YuanQing nor am I posting my problems here in order for anyone to take action on my behalf. If I wanted recompense I would ask for it, but I am not. As I said, the parts that broke weren't ones I needed, except maybe a wheel if I can't repair this one. But I am not going to trouble YuanQing about that when I could easily 3D print my own. I'm only posting to let you guys know what's happening because I'm sure you were interested. Please ask YQ not to take any action on my behalf and let them know I don't feel this was a problem with their kit or the packaging.

Not currently, no. Weird.
Yeah...seems you are somehow using VPN or other VPNish software. It shows, that today you have logged in with two different IP addresses. I scrambled the last 2 octets (networking term) and time to keep it private.

Nevermind, I'm an idiot, I had completely forgotten I put surfshark on this tablet.

Back