About time I introduced myself.

Hi all, time to introduce myself. I live north of Perth in Western Australia, I'm 70 years old(or young) and was an avid model builder in my youth. I was given an Artesania "la Toulonnaise for Christmas one year and that reignited my interest in modelling. That was 10 years ago and unfortunately work got in the way of pleasure. I am now retired and have restarted the la Toulonnaise. Two years ago I was given a couple of bags containing 119 magazines and a damaged hull for the Black pearl by Hachette Partworks. It was destined for the garbage but I couldn't let that happen. It's now close to finished as is the La Toulonnaise. The one thing I learned about ship modell 20200204_181344[1].jpg20200204_181633[1].jpging is it's one part building and nine parts research, and that includes a fictional ship like the pearl.

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board - thanks for showing us your work -> and I hope to see more of it

Hi all, time to introduce myself. I live north of Perth in Western Australia, I'm 70 years old(or young) and was an avid model builder in my youth. I was given an Artesania "la Toulonnaise for Christmas one year and that reignited my interest in modelling. That was 10 years ago and unfortunately work got in the way of pleasure. I am now retired and have restarted the la Toulonnaise. Two years ago I was given a couple of bags containing 119 magazines and a damaged hull for the Black pearl by Hachette Partworks. It was destined for the garbage but I couldn't let that happen. It's now close to finished as is the La Toulonnaise. The one thing I learned about ship modell ing is it's one part building and nine parts research, and that includes a fictional ship like the pearl.
Hallo @micklmasdaisey
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi all, time to introduce myself. I live north of Perth in Western Australia, I'm 70 years old(or young) and was an avid model builder in my youth. I was given an Artesania "la Toulonnaise for Christmas one year and that reignited my interest in modelling. That was 10 years ago and unfortunately work got in the way of pleasure. I am now retired and have restarted the la Toulonnaise. Two years ago I was given a couple of bags containing 119 magazines and a damaged hull for the Black pearl by Hachette Partworks. It was destined for the garbage but I couldn't let that happen. It's now close to finished as is the La Toulonnaise. The one thing I learned about ship modell View attachment 131773View attachment 131776ing is it's one part building and nine parts research, and that includes a fictional ship like the pearl.
Hallo @micklmasdaisey
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back