AD's and Banners

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Le Rochefort Moderator

I wanted to spend just a minute to say something about the additional banners or AD's that you notice on the sidebars of the forums.

It is not my desire for SOS to come across "Advertisy" as I do not work for any of these folks nor am I a paid spokesperson. I will tell you the main reason I have started these is because I wanted to share with the group here that some of the ones mention is in fact what I use for my own ship building and machine work.

I want to share what I think are good companies to do business with - that's my motivation.

As a matter of fact, I will tell you an honest secret. It cost very little to run this forum. I do not have to have sponsors nor do I intend to ever have sponsors.

These banners that you see are not sponsors. I asked each of them if they cared to "share" links with their company or organization whenever it is feasible to spread the word of one of the best hobbies out there!

I do all of this because I hate to see newcomers to this hobby struggle and become discouraged. I want to see people succeed in building the best ship that they can build and to be proud of !!

Donnie Driskell
Owner / Admin SOS

Brian,
thanks

I am very familiar with Cornwall Model Boats as I have ordered some small pieces from them. I discovered another boat site a long time ago - frontlinehobbies.com (from Australia). I actually bought from them OcCre parts, dowels, ect. Couldn't believe it, but all items came intact just like I ordered next door.

Usually, if a website that sells models, etc, and also has customers completed builds or links to other sites, I will ask them if they wish to exchange links. I will go back to CMB and see if they have links to other modeling sites.

Donnie

Back