Ahoy Mateys!

Ahoy and thanks for having me aboard! I stumbled upon SOS while searching for a model to build. Big shout out especially to @Ahoy All & @MystRacing - amazing work on those Pearls! I am looking forward to share my progress on yet another Black Pearl build. Apart from a failed attempt at an H.M.S Bounty many years ago (young, impatient and no idea whatsoever on how to bend planks) this will be the first ship I build. However, coming from tabletop gaming, I am confident that "learning by doing" and some common sense will get you a long way ;) And for the really tricky steps, I'm hoping that I can count on you guys!

Cheers
Captain Lizard

Welcome aboard SOS, Captain Lizard! You are landed at the right place, we are eager to help (if you need one)! ;)

Ahoy and thanks for having me aboard! I stumbled upon SOS while searching for a model to build. Big shout out especially to @Ahoy All & @MystRacing - amazing work on those Pearls! I am looking forward to share my progress on yet another Black Pearl build. Apart from a failed attempt at an H.M.S Bounty many years ago (young, impatient and no idea whatsoever on how to bend planks) this will be the first ship I build. However, coming from tabletop gaming, I am confident that "learning by doing" and some common sense will get you a long way ;) And for the really tricky steps, I'm hoping that I can count on you guys!

Cheers
Captain Lizard
Captain Lizard:
A big welcome aboard.
We are glad you stumble into us.
Let’s get started with that Pearl.
And yes, there is a bunch of great modelers eager to give you a hand.
So, start laying the keel already.
17DD09E2-4113-4116-88A1-640F96102DAB.jpeg

Cheers
Captain Lizard
Captain Lizard your welcome to follow me on my voyage and I certainly will follow your build! Weather super hot out West and I haven’t done much in the last week but I hope to finish up my hull staining, attach the Wales and move on to the final steps of my 1st Pole! We can always learn from another Black Pearl Captain!:)ThumbsupThumbsup

Cheers
Captain Lizard
Hallo @Captain Lizard
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

Captain Lizard your welcome to follow me on my voyage and I certainly will follow your build! Weather super hot out West and I haven’t done much in the last week but I hope to finish up my hull staining, attach the Wales and move on to the final steps of my 1st Pole! We can always learn from another Black Pearl Captain!:)ThumbsupThumbsup
Tbh your build log was one of the reasons why I joined SOS. So many valuable tips before I even placed the first bulkhead :D After installing all the support beams for the main deck it became clear to me, why there is the all-scenario version of the Pearl - it's a beautiful tiny world you can peak into ;)

Back