Ahoy me hearties from sunny Wales

Hi Dave :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAYShip-1
welcome aboard!! You have come to the right place !
Wishing you lots of health and happiness, I believe that building the models contributes to creating a very positive mood.
I would love to see pictures and read about the models you have built and the ones you are building now

Hi All

A quick note to introduce myself (plus many thanks for allowing me to join).

I am a 57yr old geezer, retired Design and Technology Secondary School Teacher/Architectural Technologist who sadly, had to go on early retirement due to a progressive illness (COPD- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Desease). But on a brighter note.... I get more time on my passion of modelling ships as there's not a great deal I can physically do without hampering my breathing capabilities.

On the modelling side of things I've completed the following models since taking up my passion of building them again :

OcCre H.M.S. Endeavour
OcCre H.M.S. Terror

My skillsets from both teaching and Architectural backgrounds give me a sense of ease when not only constructing the models, but also my understanding of and reading scaled plans. My cuurent build came with 20 plans (19 A1 plans and a whopping A0 which now has pride of place on my lounge wall in my work desk space lol - much to the dismay of the Commander in Chief.... namely the wife lol)

I have been busy the last couple of weeks with my dream project H.M.S Vanguard, furthermore to this I've opted to embark on the H.M.S. Elephant route as this kit allows the option of three ships, needless to say, methinks it's going to be a long, technical and complex journey.... will be attempting to make this historically accurate as my capabilties allow in line with books such as (The anatomy of Nelson's ships: Anatomy of the ship - The 74-gun ship Bellona) to name but a few..... so excited.... so it'll be a long long voyage, with no doubt some rocky outcrops along the way.

I know there are by far more shall we say... 'seasoned' builders on here, whom i hope will help guide me should I need assistance, plus I've seen some incredible tips etc in the 'How to' section..... and I've briefly glanced at some awesome and inspiring build logs and additional items to help me along this voyage.

Anyway (apologies for my long winded waffling lol) thanks again for the welcome and thats me in a nutshell

Anchors away me hearties!
Hallo @Dave Chapman
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi All

I am a 57yr old geezer, retired Design and Technology Secondary School Teacher/Architectural Technologist who sadly, had to go on early retirement due to a progressive illness (COPD- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Desease). But on a brighter note.... I get more time on my passion of modelling ships as there's not a great deal I can physically do without hampering my breathing capabilities.

On the modelling side of things I've completed the following models since taking up my passion of building them again :

OcCre H.M.S. Endeavour
OcCre H.M.S. Terror

My skillsets from both teaching and Architectural backgrounds give me a sense of ease when not only constructing the models, but also my understanding of and reading scaled plans. My cuurent build came with 20 plans (19 A1 plans and a whopping A0 which now has pride of place on my lounge wall in my work desk space lol - much to the dismay of the Commander in Chief.... namely the wife lol)

I have been busy the last couple of weeks with my dream project H.M.S Vanguard, furthermore to this I've opted to embark on the H.M.S. Elephant route as this kit allows the option of three ships, needless to say, methinks it's going to be a long, technical and complex journey.... will be attempting to make this historically accurate as my capabilties allow in line with books such as (The anatomy of Nelson's ships: Anatomy of the ship - The 74-gun ship Bellona) to name but a few..... so excited.... so it'll be a long long voyage, with no doubt some rocky outcrops along the way.

I know there are by far more shall we say... 'seasoned' builders on here, whom i hope will help guide me should I need assistance, plus I've seen some incredible tips etc in the 'How to' section..... and I've briefly glanced at some awesome and inspiring build logs and additional items to help me along this voyage.

Anyway (apologies for my long winded waffling lol) thanks again for the welcome and thats me in a nutshell

Hallo @Dave Chapman
Birthday-Cake

Hi All

OcCre H.M.S. Endeavour
OcCre H.M.S. Terror

Hallo @Dave Chapman ,
Birthday-Cake

Back