Airfix 1/600 RMS Queen Elizabeth by ChrisSC

I agree with Mike - your painting in this small of scale is very well done indeed. I don't know if you have tried it but liquid mask is a great way to go if you are having problems getting the masking tape right. It's especially good around very small areas. You just paint it on with a brush, let dry, paint then pull it off. It's just a liquid latex and won't have any problems with any paint you might use. You might consider it for your next project.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have started to take a liking to the 1/600 scale. I originally thought it would be a quick build but it's actually quite a challenge to detail it at this size. If I like the way it turns out I may buy a few more. I already have a 1/600 Mauritania and a 1/570 Queen Mary in their boxes. The Mauritania is very small. There are also a lot of areas on the Mauritania that the manufacturer just decided not to include that require you to scratch build. It would be nice to have a bunch in the same scale and they certainly are easier to display.

That liquid masking sounds like a worthwhile product to look into.

I have found now that I have to give a lot of credit to those who can build these 1/600's nicely, they require a lot of patience and skill to detail. I bought some photo etch for this scale which I think will really keep me interested. I live right south of Myrtle Beach so this Hurricane/storm is taking dead aim at my area so no modeling for now.

Last edited:
Chris, the liquid mask can be gotten at almost any art supply store. Water color painters use it quite a bit. Stay safe during the storm, we're getting a bit of it here in NC as well.

Can you provide guidance on how to edit thread titles? I don’t see how I can do it. Thanks.
On the right upper corner toy will see 'three dots, and triangle' this is for 'more options' click on it and on the top of this menu you will see 'edit thread'

1596566119986.png

1596566172075.png

On the right upper corner toy will see 'three dots, and triangle' this is for 'more options' click on it and on the top of this menu you will see 'edit thread'

View attachment 170551

View attachment 170552
I have already tried that, and the only option I get is "create poll". All I really want to do is add the words "scratch built" to the titles of my theads in the "Completed Models" forum.

I have already tried that, and the only option I get is "create poll". All I really want to do is add the words "scratch built" to the titles of my theads in the "Completed Models" forum.
Create a poll was also the only option I could access when clicking on the three dots.

Loving your crisp build of this venerable kit. You must have shares in masking tape futures.
Pugwash??? Is there any chance you were once nicknamed Captainpugwash? If so, were you the creator of Model Ship World? And if so, then let me tell you you are bitterly missed there! ...and very welcome here.

Back