Al constellation

So this is my second build, my first being a constructo golden hind. Now I have put that away for awhile but I do intend to fix it at some point, I made multiple mistakes with it, its fixable but I want to start a fresh one. I didnt square my bulkheads, also over faired them aswell and ultimately was trying to go to fast. I think part of the problem was I got a ship that I couldn't find any logs on lol

But here's my start to this one here, if got the bulk heads on and starting to plank the lower decks.
The quality isn't the greatest but its actually better than the constructo. I do plan on changing a couple things thoough.20201213_230253.jpg

So before I continue with the planking just wondering if I'm starting it correctly?
Right it's just got a small dab of ca glue on them so I can pop it off easily if need be.
I don't want to just go for it like I did my previous one20201216_003427.jpg20201216_003435.jpg20201216_003439.jpg20201216_003454.jpg20201216_003510.jpg

Well first layer is done. Still gona smooth it out a bit more before second layer but I got tired of sanding lol really didn't use as much filler as I thought I would.
Put on the keel and bulwark those were a pain in the ***, didn't want to fit to save my life.
Gonna start gunports next, cut 1 out but decided no way am I doing them all by hand so I got my dremal charging
20210105_225855.jpg20210105_225835.jpg

Hi,
As a new builder myself, and I haven't done any planking yet, please slow down and focus on craftsmanship. Never think about the finished product but enjoy the journey towards it.
When planning a project, no matter what it is, a solid, correctly built base makes every step downstream easier from the start.
I've recently re-started building my Artesania Latina Swift from maybe 20 years ago. I've asked many questions about the project and gladly received so much help.
Keep plugging away, it's a beautiful ship ( I have one in my unbuilt kit stock) looking forward to its completion.
Enjoy the journey my friend.
Steviedean

So this is my second build, my first being a constructo golden hind. Now I have put that away for awhile but I do intend to fix it at some point, I made multiple mistakes with it, its fixable but I want to start a fresh one. I didnt square my bulkheads, also over faired them aswell and ultimately was trying to go to fast. I think part of the problem was I got a ship that I couldn't find any logs on lol

But here's my start to this one here, if got the bulk heads on and starting to plank the lower decks.
The quality isn't the greatest but its actually better than the constructo. I do plan on changing a couple things thoough.
Hallo @6lkl624
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back