Amati victory model stagecoach 1:10

Well folks when last I posted on this site, I gave up on building the POLOTSK due to failing eyesight. After much fussing about and talking to my self, I said I cannot stop modeling. So I purchased the kit for Amati's version of the stagecoach. It is in a scale that I can see better and I also found a real 8x magnifying lamp.
I have started the build and find this a most amazing kit
Please advise if this is the appropriate forum for land vehicles. I have searched and could find only one other build log for the Amati. With an Australian site in 2019. All others were the concord stage coach.
Any interest here at SOS ?
Sideliner
7/2022

I'm not the one to say if it is appropriate or not, however I would love to see your build. We are all modelers here. I don't think there will be any objections.

Please show the build as I have been wanting to get this kit
Cheers snowy

Hi

You can post your log in this category below,there are other stagecoach logs in there.

I am very happy to hear, that you restarted the modeling - and I moved the topic to the better area for the stagecoach building log
I am looking forward and will follow your log

It's more than appropriate!
Any build project that keeps your mind, hands and soul busy is worthwhile!!
yes, it's ships of scale But, I feel all projects, all genre, should be included when you need a little deviation from building beautiful ships.
Never get down, we're all getting older, have more money than energy but, our minds remain young and even opening a new kit, absorbing the plans, materials and engineering that went into it's design are wonderful things to enjoy! I have ten times more kits than my life expectancy could possibly build!!!
So What.
I'm still buying, still enjoying. Some skills appreciate, some dwindle..
Keep going - I'd love to follow your stage coach build, I have the model trail ways kit of the same. It may or may not be built but, it's mine and I love!!
Steviedean

A little late here due to creeping failure of my DSLR camera. Some of my pics are slightly out of focus and a few lost. Switched to point and shoot for the future.
OK!
This build is the AMATI 1:10 Stage Coach (Victory Model). There are some logs out of the Model Trailway Concorde Stage Coach @ 1:12. It is a little less complicated and some what less expensive, but, I believe, much less derailed. Amati has a good video on YouTube that helps me to see build detail not evident in drawings. It is fast paced video and the builder does not show some of detail, but helpful.
I have used the following so far
1. CA adhesive(thick-medium set time). Especially for metal to wood and metal to metal
2 insta set(when needed)
3 UN-cure for those CA mistakes
4 Nails from old ship builds because the nails with is kit are sometimes too large or too short. Seems like .5 and or .7 mm work.
5 Small HSS drill bits 1mm and less

;IMG_0533.JPG
DSC_1146.JPGDSC_1147.JPGDSC_1148.JPG
DSC_1149.JPGDSC_1150.JPGDSC_1151.JPGDSC_1153.JPGDSC_1154.JPGDSC_1156.JPGDSC_1157.JPGDSC_1158.JPGDSC_1163.JPG

OK Sorry for abrupt end to last post. The latest Win10 update killed my keyboard. Fixed now.
This kit has very high quality materials, especially the etched brass parts. If you note the builder even etched bend lines to help make 90 deg bends. Caution. If you bed the wrong direction, you may have one or two redos before breaking. Study direction of bends closely. It is easy to get it backwards. The kit uses small parts that look like nuts. Does not say which ones to use on each connection Some holes in brass parts are too small. Mostly just need slight enlarging. On some install of brass parts had to use vice and Dremel drill press. My Dremel 2050 started wobbling the bits so I replaced it with a battery powered one. Drilling a hole through the brake cams and copper tube eluded me. I resorted to CA. Also may have brake shoes on backwards. Having trouble posting comment under pics. I Will work on this and post more later.

By the way, directions say to paint frame bright yellow . I think brass on wood looks better. Wonder how long that yellow paint lasted on the road?
DSC_1170.JPG
Don't forget small bracket on each side as it will be needed to help attach body to frameDSC_1173.JPGDSC_1183.JPGDSC_1184.JPGDSC_1163.JPG

So sorry for the huge delay in further posting. I have finished this build and I believe it is one of the very best kits out there today. If you are precise in dimensionally following the drawing, Every thing fits with out a lot of sanding and filing. (a few holes in some etched parts will need enlarging and some nails in kit are wrong size) I . I will post rest of pics next week. Next project is Rucker ambulance(US civil war).

Well better late.........
I am enclosing a few of the pic I made of this build. I have many more, but since there are excellent Amati build videos on you tube and I don't think anyone is following this old build, I will close out. This is one of the most enjoyable kits I have built
Great fit,instruction and quality
If anyone wants any input from me on this build, let me know. There a few gotchas, but only a few.IMG_0539[1].jpgIMG_0552[1].jpgIMG_0554[1].jpgIMG_0559[1].jpgIMG_0564[1].jpgIMG_0568[1].jpgIMG_0583[1].jpgIMG_0590[1].jpgIMG_0610[1].jpgIMG_0615[1].jpgIMG_0539[1].jpgIMG_0552[1].jpgIMG_0554[1].jpg

Back