An old "newbie" in Texas

Back in 1985, my wife gave me a Mamoli kit of the USS Constitution (10 frame cross-section from keel to mainmast). At that time, I got it built to the point of attaching the yardarms and starting the rigging. Then we moved... several times, and the model has not been touched until now. Tips and tricks that could only be found in books and magazines, or talking with other modelers can now be found all over the internet. Now I'm ready to dive back into it and learn the techniques to properly rig a model. That's why I'm here digging through all threads. Glad I found this forum.
...henry (aka Zzyzx01)

Welcome aboard SOS! We understand you are at the stage where you will have to rig your Constitution. We have many members with great experience rigging. May we suggest starting a build log? This is a great way to interact with members where help is required. What do you think? :)

Hallo Henry,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum....
After 35 years it will be time to finish the Constitution model - and we will try to help you as much as possible.
Like Jim mentioned already - best is to start a building log and show us the actual status of the model.
With comments and hints and answering your questions we will do our best, that the Cony will be not your last ship model

Welcome aboard Henry.
You will feel very comfortable building you Connie Cross section here.
Like others mentioned, it’s time to finish it !!!
Let’s go.

Back