Anatomy of an admirality model

Maarten

Staff member
Forum Moderator

This book in pdf I just strumbled over it on google today in pdf. Just google on the title and you find it. I printed and binded it and it seems a very nice detailed work about admirality models. This also I still have to read but luckily vacation is coming close.:cool:
20180724_162622.jpg

Many thanks for this find and sharing with us......I downloaded it already
Looking forward to read your opinion about the content

Bob Bruckshaw was a friend of mine way back in the early days he was one of the people who helped me when I was learning to draw ship plans. Both Bob Bruckshaw and Harold Hahn were master builders and members of our local club here in Ohio. He wrote the manuscript which he tried to publish but no one was interested. He gave me the original so I self published it on CD. What you see is a rip off pirated version of the CD I created.
oh well such is life steal what you can and see if you can get away with it

here is the original CD I published a few years ago

http://www.dlumberyard.com/Shopping Cart/Out/index1.html?c26.html&1

Last edited:
Well should I make a big fuss and cry like a baby because someone ripped off my property? Should I demand SOS to ban anyone who downloads the pirated version? should I go on the war path against pirating? should I make an ass of myself? I don't think so

I will tell you what I am going to do NOTHING it is a big so what! at least bob's work is out there and model ship builders are getting the information.

getting ripped off from some pirate who took the CD yes worth a few bucks but what is priceless is the years I spent with Bob in this shop learning this art now that is something no one can take from me. So it is all balanced

img193.jpgimg195.jpgimg1912.jpg

here is bob at one of our meetings he is on the left well into his later years

bb159.jpg

Last edited:
ok ... I did not think this work was under copyright. I just destroyed the PDF. There is no reason for me to download protected work. I myself, in my career, suffered too much from intellectual thefts.
One more reason not to do it with a hobby .

Bob Bruckshaw was a friend of mine way back in the early days he was one of the people who helped me when I was learning to draw ship plans. Both Bob Bruckshaw and Harold Hahn were master builders and members of our local club here in Ohio. He wrote the manuscript which he tried to publish but no one was interested. He gave me the original so I self published it on CD. What you see is a rip off pirated version of the CD I created.
oh well such is life steal what you can and see if you can get away with it

here is the original CD I published a few years ago

http://www.dlumberyard.com/Shopping Cart/Out/index1.html?c26.html&1
Can't you put a review off it in this section. I see you also have a cd on the harold hahn works.
In the US these are maybe wel known but here in Europe not. These are not available in the EU just like most of our resources are not available in the US. Do you ship these to the EU or have you thought about a paid pdf download?

Unfortunately piracy of others work is the new Norm. I been through this with China copying a Vape device I used to make. I was running that Business sometimes 10-12 hours a day after working 8 hours at my Job weekends Id build the devices all day sometimes for 20 hours straight. I made a lot of money building them enough to put my Grandson through college for 3 years. After the theft of my device I was very upset and wanted Blood, but then I though about it I made more money then I expected to make and the sole purpose was to start a college fund for the Grandson I achieved that. my device would also be in the hands of folks who couldn't afford US pricing China made it for a fraction of the cost. the device was to help folks quit smoking so if more folks could get it because china made it cheaper I was OK with that. lots of people said call a lawyer but honestly that wouldn't do any good as many of these shops sell stuff they steal and then shut down fairly fast and move on with no trace. It would have been a waste of money to go after them. next time I invent something I'll make it to self destruct if its opened up to reverse engineer.

The Chinese rip off BMW auto's and tell the Germans to take a hike. What chance have YOU got? NONE.
It constantly astonishes me that so much Chinese product is sold in the West and for the West. That didn't happen with the USSR, because they were Communists. The Chinese are communists, and our trade makes them rich. Money talks and our jobs just walk.

yup like I said in the museums thread copyrights are for big businesses not for the little guy.

for me to jump through all the legal issues and the cost to stop it, is not worth the value of a few CDs

it is not just the Chinese here in the states its a freaking free for all I think the internet and social media just blew copyrights to kingdom come. Its a brave new world out there in the digital age.

yup like I said in the museums thread copyrights are for big businesses not for the little guy.

for me to jump through all the legal issues and the cost to stop it, is not worth the value of a few CDs

it is not just the Chinese here in the states its a freaking free for all I think the internet and social media just blew copyrights to kingdom come. Its a brave new world out there in the digital age.
I agree, Dave. I know we all prefer it, but the underbelly of capitalism is a dirty beast. Take care and have a good Christmas. A prosperous New Year is a lot to expect.

Back