anchor chain

Robert Brown

Hello to all
I am a new novice on ship building and the information from the site has been a great help. Many questions have been answered. However I have not been successful in locating anchor chain that looks like what I see on so many models. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Robert Brown

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

First of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Which kind / type of anchor chain are you looking for, which time period and for which scale ?
Important because not every supplier has everything, so we can specify better for the research.
Maybe you can show a photo to make it more clear

Robert Brown

Thanks for the replies
By luck my very first model was the Syren by Charles Passaro which had great instructions and I did pretty well. Now working on the Charles W. Morgan and the instructions are not for a first time builder. If I had not stumbled onto the Shipsofscale site I would of thrown it in the trash. With the help of this site I am continuing with the build.
I am looking for black anchor chain and smaller black chain. The chain supplied with the kit is stamped flat chain and I want chain like I have seen on many of the build logs which looks more like real chain. The Morgan is 3/16" =1 ft or 1:64 . So far have not been successful in locating this chain. In my searching for this chain the responses that I have received are, "we don't have, won't have, not available". I am hoping that someone can help me locate this chain. Thanks for the help. I am quite sure I will " be back" again. Robert Brown

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Or this kind of an anchor chain - but I do not know from which time on these type was really produced and used....
111.jpg

Here is producer of a 3D-printed chain - seems with separated links