Anteo Harbour Tug. Panart

Hello. Today I’m showing the making of the bridge. There were four ply parts, the two corner ones needed to be curved, not difficult after a soak. I sheathed them on both sides with walnut strips before fitting into place. I put on the last edge strips after I’d fitted them so as to hide the joins. When set and sanded I stained them a mahogany. Being of such a scale it would be a shame if I didn’t fully fit out the cabin so that’s my next job.

073.jpg

078.jpg

Absolutely neat. Love the Mahogany look.

Jan
Hi Jan, Thanks. The mahogany is a bit of a reflection of my usual ship build, I can’t imagine me building a ship without having stained and polished wood on show. I have a picture in my mind of how I would like the finished look to be and it’s coming together, as I’ve mentioned it’s not intended to be realistic but a bit different and just for display

Hello. Today I’m showing the making of the bridge. There were four ply parts, the two corner ones needed to be curved, not difficult after a soak. I sheathed them on both sides with walnut strips before fitting into place. I put on the last edge strips after I’d fitted them so as to hide the joins. When set and sanded I stained them a mahogany. Being of such a scale it would be a shame if I didn’t fully fit out the cabin so that’s my next job.

View attachment 443691

View attachment 443692
A beautiful little tug boat in the making!

Reactions: Ken
Hello and many thanks for showing an interest in my build, and for your likes and comments.

I mentioned that I was going to have a go at detailing the cabin interior, this is the result. A ships wheel was supplied with the kit but everything else was made up from my stash of scrap. The instruments were made from port surrounds from my Amerigo kit and the fascias were made from some plisticard. Once I’d decided what to include it was easy and at this scale was huge fun. I hope that I’ve given it enough navigation aids so that it doesn’t collide with any bridges.

079.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

083.jpg

Hi Grant, Thanks, not such a little tug but the largest model boat that I've tackled to date.
Good afternoon Ken. Wow, funny how pictures never show the scale. Considering the ships you have built (Amerigo Verssuci, and the Caldercraft Victory- If my memory serves me correctly- etc) this must be a large model. Cheers Grant.

Reactions: Ken
The cabin detail looks terrific. I do like the scale of this “little tug”. My Admiral is also admiring your log. I quote her reaction, “That is Beautiful”.

It’s on #1 on my wish list.

Jan
Hi Jan, Your wife has obviously got very good taste. Before I started to build Antio I wouldn’t have agreed, it was just another build. Now I just love the shape, it’s not sleek like a Cutty Sark but there’s something about it, the fact that it’s purely a simple, functional working boat gives it character, I can’t visit my workspace without running my hand along that lovely curved hull. It’s good that one can feel this good about a build, regrettably this has not always been the case.

Starts to look great Ken. Love the details in the cabin.
Hi Leysend, Thanks. That was a nice little project, I’m sure that I would have regretted it later if I hadn’t made the effort before attaching the roof.

Good afternoon Ken. Wow, funny how pictures never show the scale. Considering the ships you have built (Amerigo Verssuci, and the Caldercraft Victory- If my memory serves me correctly- etc) this must be a large model. Cheers Grant.
Hi Grant, I’ll do a size comparison later in my log, you’ll get some idea from my kit introduction on page one where I showed the funnel against my HMS Ajax, it’s BIG!

Hello Ken
How you intend to treat the hull for water resistence?
epoxy or traditional putty and sanding and painting?
Daniel

Back