Anyone have experience with continuous rope walking machine?

f.e the anchor cables had usually a core - but a core is also really a special need for the purist in making ropes for the models.
I mentioned it only, to show, that there are small differences in the two ropewalks ......

Uwe is correct, one of those 'cable works' ropes use in anchors. If you make a rope from 4 threads, you will use the core thread, otherwise, there's no possibility to wind it even.

Just an update, I purchased the ZHL kit because Domanov is offline for a while. He said he is moving to another country. Anyways. just a note about the ZHL one, it is a kit and thus needs to be assembled. Also, you can now make S and Z laid ropes as they added forward and reverse button.

Just an update, I purchased the ZHL kit because Domanov is offline for a while. He said he is moving to another country. Anyways. just a note about the ZHL one, it is a kit and thus needs to be assembled. Also, you can now make S and Z laid ropes as they added forward and reverse button.
Many thanks for the additional information.

May I ask, if you could introduce the machine, when you received it - maybe a "building log" and when ever you have your experience with the machine. I guess, that this information can be of big help for some members think about buying a rope walk....

Many thanks for the additional information.

May I ask, if you could introduce the machine, when you received it - maybe a "building log" and when ever you have your experience with the machine. I guess, that this information can be of big help for some members think about buying a rope walk....
sure. no problem. Please see below for some pictures from ZHL of the open box. It is exactly like what I saw in my kit.
1623668320109.png
1623668336695.png
1623668349814.png

As shown, the kit looks like a challenge to put together, and I think it will be. The instructions are in Chinese but contain a lot of pictures, so I am hoping that I'll be able to do this build just based on the pictures.

What I am not sure about yet is whether stuff will be glued together or nailed together or maybe a combination of both. The instructions don't really clarify that. Well maybe they do, but I don't read Chinese.

More to follow...

sure. no problem. Please see below for some pictures from ZHL of the open box. It is exactly like what I saw in my kit.
View attachment 238799
View attachment 238800
View attachment 238801

As shown, the kit looks like a challenge to put together, and I think it will be. The instructions are in Chinese but contain a lot of pictures, so I am hoping that I'll be able to do this build just based on the pictures.

What I am not sure about yet is whether stuff will be glued together or nailed together or maybe a combination of both. The instructions don't really clarify that. Well maybe they do, but I don't read Chinese.

More to follow...

All parts were labelled and easy to find.

No parts were missing, except for a single grub screw. Fortunately I had an extra one.

I couldn't really inventory parts at the beginning because the parts descriptions were in Chinese so I only found out if I had the part or not as I was building them machine.

The wiring was not too bad to connect. The connectors for each module were unique to that module.

The instructions weren't the best. Some of the steps were out of order and in certain cases required uninstalling and reinstalling parts in the correct order

The module that controls the small spooler motor wasn't working. The small spooler is the device on the side of the machine that is used to create the bobbins that you load into the rotor. I am not too clear how it is supposed to work, but I think you press the start button, adjust the speed, and the controller automatically stops the motor when the bobbin is full. Right now, the motor runs at maximum speed and doesn't stop. I have sent a message to the guy I bought this from and am awaiting his feedback.

I also ordered two drive belts. I figure this is probably the first thing that will go on this machine. Pretty critical. No belt, no rope...

Last edited:
Back