Anyone tried patching holes in Britannia metal parts?

Hi All,

Some metal parts come poorly molded, with voids in them. Anyone ever find anything good to fill the holes that will actually stick? I know solder would, but that's risky and solder is hard to file down.

Thanks for any ideas!

I usually use a fine car bog filler, its cheap and available at auto shops and is designed to be used on metal, the one i use is easily sanded, hope this helps,

best regards john.

Depending on the void needing to be filled I have actually had success with modeling putty…often targeted to plastic models as contour or filler putty. Dries hard, sandable, paintable. Search model putty on Amazon for dozens of choices…

Depending on the void needing to be filled I have actually had success with modeling putty…often targeted to plastic models as contour or filler putty. Dries hard, sandable, paintable. Search model putty on Amazon for dozens of choices…

So that will stick to metal ok?

So that will stick to metal ok?
In my experience yes…sticks to metal. Make sure metal is clean and free of oils. I use an alcohol pad (type used to clean your skin prior to getting a shot) to wipe down the area I want to stick the putty. Same routine when using the putty on plastic models for fill and contouring…

Back