Arctic expedition ship Admiral Tegetthoff 1872 scale 1:20, scale 1:1 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Servas Christian

I bin am 60 und 62 a gfoan oba, nur aus Aushölfa.
Mei Bahnhof woa Rudolfsheim und daun Brigittenau.

Danke für deine Glückwünsche
Willi (schifferlbauer)

The model was built in order of the austrian television ORF for a film documentary about the discovery of Franz Josef Land in the arctic, with the ship Admiral Tegetthoff. Named after the hero of the see battle of Lissa 1866 admiral Wilhelm von Tegetthoff.
The Austro - Hungarien expedition had the goal to find a Northeast Passage trough the arctic . The ship was specifically with some specification of Carl Weyprecht (captain of the ship) built for the expedition. It was a three-masted barkentine of 220 tons, with a 100 horsepower steam engine and a crew of 25 man.
Short after the start in July the weather turned and in August the first ice floes come into sight. At the end of August, after the ship had passed the Island Nowaja Semlja the ship was locked in ice and drifted to hitherto unknown arctic regions. The situation was very dangerous, because the ice floes pressed the ship very hard and the crew fear the ship could go down. After one Year on 30. August 1873 the crew saw far away an unknown Island and named it after the austrian emperor Kaiser Franz Josef Land. The ship surrender in the big ice floe landed on the island.
After another Year and the reconnaissance of the island , the captain knows that there was no chance to get the ship free. So he decided to abandon the ship and ordered the crew to put the boats and the rest of food on sled to try find open water. On 14. August 1874 the reached open water and set sail sin direction Nowaja Semlja. The was rescued by a russian fishing ship and come all save at home.
Before I start the building blog I must explain what the director of the film documentary told me and why I should build the model. By the first meeting he told me about the expedition and that the model should show in close ups all the details of the journey. After the shooting the model should be give a museum for remembering of the discovery of Franz Josef Land. I will be his last hope and without a model of the ship, the film documentary had to die. He asked me what i think about and I told him ,- at first I need a big glass of brandy.
To understand this and the reason why, should show pictures of the model, taken from the film documentary and show the things he told me by our first meeting.
Now the pictures of the model 1:20 made by the shooting.

Will be continued with the building blogView attachment 147742View attachment 147744View attachment 147745View attachment 147746View attachment 147747View attachment 147748View attachment 147749View attachment 147750View attachment 147751View attachment 147752View attachment 147753View attachment 147754
Hallo Willi alias @schifferlbauer
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Wir sehen uns am Donnerstag

Zum Geburtstag wünsche ich dir 12 Monate Gesundheit, 52 Wochen Glück, 365 Tage voller Liebe, 8,760 Stunden ohne Stress, 525,600 Minuten Frieden und 31,536,000 Sekunden Freude.

Hallo Willi

Du bist wirklich toll, so etwas passiert nicht oft.
Ich habe eine Idee, ein Boot aus dieser Zeit zu bauen, es ist die SMS "Kaiser" von 1858.
Es war im Besitz der österreichisch-ungarischen Monarchie und wurde in Pula hergestellt, wo ich geboren wurde. Ich frage mich, ob Sie wissen, wo ich nach den Bauplänen für dieses Boot suchen könnte, jede Information wäre großartig.

You are really amazing, something like this doesn't happen often.
I have an idea to make a boat from that time, it is the SMS "Kaiser" from 1858.
It was owned by the Austro-Hungarian monarchy and was made in Pula, where I was born. I'm wondering if you know where I could look for the blueprints for that boat, any information would be great.

Hallo Barba

Du meinst sicher das Schiff Kaiser, dass 1866 an der Seeschlacht von Lissa beteiligt war. Die Pläne könnte man im Österreichischen Kriegsarchiv finden.
Vielleicht gibt es auch Unterlagen im Heeresgeschichtlichen Museum. Ich weiss dass Pläne vorhanden sind. Weiterhelfen kann dir sicher OLIVER TRULEI.
Er ist Präsident des Archives. E-Mail oliver.trulei@aon.at

Willi (schifferlbauer)

Vielen Dank für die Informationen, ich wünsche Ihnen viel Erfolg bei Ihrer zukünftigen Arbeit.

Thank you very much for the information, I wish you the best of luck in your future work.

Happy birthday, Willi, stay healthy in the new year of your life and in the calendar.
Ich hätte gern einmal an eurem Donnerstag - Treffen teilgenommen, denn ein Bericht über dich in einem Buch von Alfred Albert hat mich erst zum "ernsthaften" Modellbau gebracht. Danke!
Karl Ingwer

Servus Karl
Danke für deine Glückwünsche. Wenn du die Möglichkeit hast unseren Stammtisch zu besuchen bist du jederzeit willkommen.
Es freut mich,auch wenn es schon etwas länger her ist,dass du durch den Artikel im Buch mehr Interesse am Modellbau gefunden hast.

Liebe Grüsse
Willi (schifferlbauer)

The model was built in order of the austrian television ORF for a film documentary about the discovery of Franz Josef Land in the arctic, with the ship Admiral Tegetthoff. Named after the hero of the see battle of Lissa 1866 admiral Wilhelm von Tegetthoff.
The Austro - Hungarien expedition had the goal to find a Northeast Passage trough the arctic . The ship was specifically with some specification of Carl Weyprecht (captain of the ship) built for the expedition. It was a three-masted barkentine of 220 tons, with a 100 horsepower steam engine and a crew of 25 man.
Short after the start in July the weather turned and in August the first ice floes come into sight. At the end of August, after the ship had passed the Island Nowaja Semlja the ship was locked in ice and drifted to hitherto unknown arctic regions. The situation was very dangerous, because the ice floes pressed the ship very hard and the crew fear the ship could go down. After one Year on 30. August 1873 the crew saw far away an unknown Island and named it after the austrian emperor Kaiser Franz Josef Land. The ship surrender in the big ice floe landed on the island.
After another Year and the reconnaissance of the island , the captain knows that there was no chance to get the ship free. So he decided to abandon the ship and ordered the crew to put the boats and the rest of food on sled to try find open water. On 14. August 1874 the reached open water and set sail sin direction Nowaja Semlja. The was rescued by a russian fishing ship and come all save at home.
Before I start the building blog I must explain what the director of the film documentary told me and why I should build the model. By the first meeting he told me about the expedition and that the model should show in close ups all the details of the journey. After the shooting the model should be give a museum for remembering of the discovery of Franz Josef Land. I will be his last hope and without a model of the ship, the film documentary had to die. He asked me what i think about and I told him ,- at first I need a big glass of brandy.
To understand this and the reason why, should show pictures of the model, taken from the film documentary and show the things he told me by our first meeting.
Now the pictures of the model 1:20 made by the shooting.

Will be continued with the building blogView attachment 147742View attachment 147744View attachment 147745View attachment 147746View attachment 147747View attachment 147748View attachment 147749View attachment 147750View attachment 147751View attachment 147752View attachment 147753View attachment 147754
Hallo Willi alias @schifferlbauer
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

Hello Uwe

Thank you, I hope we see us in January by our meeting. Please don`t forget ma book.

Willi (schifferlbauer)

Back