Armed Longboat 1834

Hello everyone,
This model was built in 2013 in about 6 weeks at a scale of 1:36.

Text A.N.C.R.E
Besides their service usage aboard ships, longboats were also used for more warlike tasks. They could be used for the protection of harbor entrances or roads, as well as support for landings in enemy territory. In this case, the longboat was then referred to as an armed longboat. For such occasions, it was modified temporarily by installing a forward-firing chase gun atop the thowarts. This gun was guided by a system of slides bolted to the thwarts. It was not a “gunboat”, which was a well-defined, larger and often decked boat-type, but a regular ship’s boat armed with a large-caliber cannon.

The longboat described here is 13.00 meters long., 3.49 meters wide under the planking and 1.40 meters depth-in-hold. The plates with comments are from a plan dated 1834 of the Atlas de Génie Maritime.

Bild 1.jpg

Bild 2.jpg

Bild 3.jpg

Bild 4.jpg

Bild 5.jpg

Bild 6.jpg

Bild 7.jpg

Bild 8.jpg

Bild 9.jpg

Bild 10.jpg

Bild 11.jpg

Bild 12.jpg

Bild 13.jpg

Bild 14.jpg

Bild 15.jpg

Bild 16.jpg

Bild 17.jpg

Bild 18.jpg

Greeting
Ruediger (Lucius)

I have the plans different scale for same boat from ANCRE.

Good info and plans available from them.

It is nice to see a ship build from this set of plans.

I have the plans different scale for same boat from ANCRE.

Good info and plans available from them.

It is nice to see a ship build from this set of plans.
Maybe Rüdiger can show us some photos of his build......
we have in our forum a short but very interesting building log of Chaloupe based on the same planset by Gérard Delacroix made by our friend Karl alias @Jeronimo

Maybe Rüdiger can show us some photos of his build......
we have in our forum a short but very interesting building log of Chaloupe based on the same planset by Gérard Delacroix made by our friend Karl alias @Jeronimo
Hallo Uwek,
ich habe 195 Fotos vom Bau der Schaluppe. Ich denke das ist ein wenig zuviel um diese hier zu zeigen. Soll ich mal einen ausführlichen Baubericht starten?

"Google Translator"

I have 195 photos of the construction of the sloop. I think that's a little too much to show this off. Should I start a detailed construction report?

Hallo Uwek,
ich habe 195 Fotos vom Bau der Schaluppe. Ich denke das ist ein wenig zuviel um diese hier zu zeigen. Soll ich mal einen ausführlichen Baubericht starten?

"Google Translator"

I have 195 photos of the construction of the sloop. I think that's a little too much to show this off. Should I start a detailed construction report?
PLEEEEEEASSSE Yes !

That would be great .......

Back