Artesania latina release HMS VICTORY CROSS SECTION.

It is good to see, that more and more manufacturer are now developing more accurate and technically correct section models Thumbsup
Some very good features here are f.e.
the hull frames are showing fllor timber, futtocks etc.
copper sheating
mast wedges
etc...
so in my opinion a really good made section model - maybe some better blocks for the gun tackles would make an additional positive difference
Many Thanks for showing us this interesting video

It's exactly the same kit as Altaya/Deagostini ;) It's a very good kit, very detailed
View attachment 401465View attachment 401466

The question is, is it?

If I remember rightly, the Deagostini version was 1/84 and this is marketed as 1/72?????

If 1/72, it would be a great display companion for Caldercraft's Victory if you had the space.

Defineatly some current competition between Occre and Artesania at the moment but why now?? 78 years since Trafalgar, that is an odd milestone.

Can't complain, I got a nice Santissima kit out of it:)

For my self, this HMS Victory cross section is more appealling by the price and content than Occre HMS Victory. However, Occre HSM Victory, at lower price with the sail etc should be a subject of reflexion and perhaps a future purchase.

The question is, is it?

If I remember rightly, the Deagostini version was 1/84 and this is marketed as 1/72?????

If 1/72, it would be a great display companion for Caldercraft's Victory if you had the space.

Defineatly some current competition between Occre and Artesania at the moment but why now?? 78 years since Trafalgar, that is an odd milestone.

Can't complain, I got a nice Santissima kit out of it:)
Uh, 78 years since Trafalgar? Methinks you mean, 218 years, Nigel.
Having sold my Santissima kit, (too small scale for me now) I am still undecided whether or not to start on my Panart (1:78) Victory, or to sell it on. I've already got a part-built, abandoned Corel Vic. which is not a good kit.

Uh, 78 years since Trafalgar? Methinks you mean, 218 years, Nigel.
Having sold my Santissima kit, (too small scale for me now) I am still undecided whether or not to start on my Panart (1:78) Victory, or to sell it on. I've already got a part-built, abandoned Corel Vic. which is not a good kit.
ROTFROTFROTFROTFROTFROTFROTFROTFROTFROTF

Serious brain fart for me there!!!! Yes 218, even less of a rounder figure

Just ordered this today from Artesania's website. First time ordering from outside the U.S.! Comes with free paint set. We shall see how long it takes to get here and what the customs fee's amount to. Oh boy, what have I done!

Just ordered this today from Artesania's website. First time ordering from outside the U.S.! Comes with free paint set. We shall see how long it takes to get here and what the customs fee's amount to. Oh boy, what have I done!

My Santissima took 3 days to UK, I know of one guy in US that orders direct from them and it takes around a week.

Way off topic, but nice to see the Canadian flag waving on top of Canada House in the background... to the right at the 12 second mark of the video.

Back to the main topic though... That looks like a really nice kit, and if not for having built the Corel version a couple of decades ago, I'd be sorely tempted to acquire it. I know the Corel version isn't very accurate comparatively, butt those were early days for me. Can't wait to see if someone begins a build log of this version. Thank you so much for posting the video.

Related aside.... I went the AL website, and took a look at their new kit series. It looks like the ship model building equivalent of a LEGO Technic assembly manual. And I mean that in a very good and positive way. It's literally a series of .pdfs of images showing each and every minute step in building the model from start to finish. Where to glue and where not to glue. How to use the provided assembly jigs. The list goes on and on. Years ago I'd considered doing the AL kit "The King of the Mississippi", and just spent an hour going through the new assembly instructions. Very impressive, IMHO.

And now I'm inspired to dig out a soft paint brush and my mini-vac and try to clear out all the assistance the local spider population has provided to my cross sections of the Victory and Constitution. I really do need to consider getting some proper display cases built. lol

Back