Batavia Book

shame I really want to build that vessel Amazon has an A to Z guarantee have you tried using that if the seller doesn't respond they will give your money back.

I talked to them once and they said go through seller first but i just said heck with it it isnt a bad book and the plans are in the book though they small but I can work with some dividers and eventually draw some up

I dont know what the dimensions refer to as most pages didnt havwe border around image. my suggestions is to take the plan view get it to the size you want and just enlarge all the others by the same scale factor that will make everything the way it should be then will have to adjust for any draftman errors

Batavia-04.pngBatavia-05.pngBatavia-06.png

ok guys that is all the drawings lol wasnt bad im only 5 mins late from when I goto work and i am always 1/2 hr early so alls good and now i must say Adeau

see yall later off to work

@JosephH Looking forward to your build. As matter of fact, I would love to learn the computerized plans. For just a simple enlarge\reduce scale, basic concepts 3D modeling in relation to ship plans. Can you direct any tutorial, books videos to start with? What program (software) should I use as the beginner?

You tube has a couple nice videos by Wayne kempton abt lofting frames using Steele's guide. When I get home tonight will post

Also there is a really good book by ed tosti on the euralisus or whatever that comes with plans and a CD and there is a huge section where he teaches cadding plans using the eye as an example well worth the money can't remember the book co it is from maybe someone here can post or at home tonight but I'll try to find as I got the book and it helped me a lot

The drawings are not that bad although I assume they had not been drawn by a modeller. Too many superfluous lines in most of them, so it is hard to see the important ones (if they are there at all). Looking forward to seeing your log, Joseph!
Janos

I am not building this one right now just was doing a review for others of the book and plans that I didn't get. I will try and get better scans on my days off next 3 days. I am waiting for my 74gun book series to get here from france and then start build log for that.

Ok and also I got my books messed up it is the Naiad Frigate by Ed Tosti that teaches cad
https://www.seawatchbooks.com/ItemDisplay.php?sku=112002
https://www.seawatchbooks.com/ItemDisplay.php?sku=113006

book 1 and 2 and 1000% worth it to get
an excerpt on the books. you can use a lot of the info in the books to draw the naiad up yourself to learn how to draw and use your own or Ed's plans to build from or build from his while you draw when taking a break from building.

"The frigate NAIAD (38)1797 joins HMS EURYALUS in this SeaWatchBooks series. Authored by Edward Tosti, this is volume one of two parts and it takes the reader/modeler through all of the phases of building a beautiful plank on frame model.

Ed’s work represents the next evolution of the “keel up” style of building.

Features include descriptions and photos of Ed’s jigs and building tools and a complete treatise on the use of CAD in drawing plans. Six sheets of those plans are produced in 4 colors and also include a CD that contains all of the frame drawings. They can be reproduced using your computer printer.

The scale for this work is 1:60 which produces a model of 35”. This allows for a smaller work space than 1:48 scale and a savings on wood for the modeler.

Back