Batavia VOC 1:72 Kolderstok by RobertD [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Robert, the low light and beautiful background cast such a beautiful patina on her mast and spars, especially in the second and third photo.

Received the display case this morning , and dry fit the Batavia in her new home !, she is still work in progress though, my wife how much is the cost ? I told her the State of NSW will cover that as I am summoned to jury duty at the Supreme Court for 22 weeks ?? Not sure if I have the time to work on her

View attachment 455626

View attachment 455627
A beautiful case! But did you say 22 weeks of jury duty? That can't be right???

A beautiful case! But did you say 22 weeks of jury duty? That can't be right???
22 weeks, yes that’s right , might not be on one case though , in
May I was summoned as well and appeared 4 times and in this instance the sheriff required 18 weeks attendance , I couldn’t do that , in the later instance I have no excuse !

Received the display case this morning , and dry fit the Batavia in her new home !, she is still work in progress though, my wife how much is the cost ? I told her the State of NSW will cover that as I am summoned to jury duty at the Supreme Court for 22 weeks ?? Not sure if I have the time to work on her

View attachment 455626

View attachment 455627
Good morning Robert. She looks marvellous in her new home. Wow that’s is a very long time to sit for jury duties. Makes me relieved we don’t have a jury system here in SA. Cheers Grant

a great looking model - many thanks for the details
are still working on the rigging, or did you finish her in the meantime? The flags are already installed......

a great looking model - many thanks for the details
are still working on the rigging, or did you finish her in the meantime? The flags are already installed......
Still a bit to do , cleaning up and yes it is a great model , I found the history of this ship very inspiring , the main reason for me to build her

Congratulations Robert, very good work indeed! And all the best picking out your next project ... Duyfken maybe?

Back