Kit review BELLE POULE 1780 - 12 pdr Frigate - POB - Kit is Scale 1:72 by SAIL and SAIL

The Kit review: PART V
BELLE POULE 1780, French 12 Pounder Guns Frigate
Advanced Plank On Bulkhead Kit
in scale 1:72 by a Sail & Sail Model Production

Instructions and Engineering Guide (manual), and Plans continued from the above post

HD5.jpg
HD4.jpg

The next review is the Drawings. They came on the 6 sheets rolled in the bundle, when unrolled they are 880.0mm long and 330mm wide
1629396305144.png

There are 5 sheets of drawings and one sheet of gun port templates and keel layout.
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png

Kell and gun ports templates
0.png

With this, the Belle Poule kit review comes to the end.

My observations while making a kit review

The kit is designed in a brand new way, 3D Printed parts along with the simplified methods of hull assembly make this kit welcome beginners as well as advanced modelers. The kit has the potentials for upgrades (bashing). Most parts are laser cut and don't require further processing. All timber, except the platforms (base), is high-quality Pearwood. Hull and deck planking is scored (preshaped) which makes the planking a breeze. All accessories are top-notch. The kits provided brass casting parts, CNC Brass cannon barrels for both calibers, 6 sheets of PE parts will attract viewers, and make the model unique. The manual is written by the modeler who built the pilot model. It contains all gotchas you need to know to successfully build the model. For the most part, assemble will not require power tools, most work can be done using few needle files, hobby knives, few sizes of drill bits, and glue (not provided with the kit).

The kit doesn't provide any rigging materials: there are no blocks to rig the cannons, nor deadeyes with chainplates. You will have to supply your own anchor rope. But at the same time, the kit presents beautifully CNC-turned belaying pins.

I should compliment Sail and Sail Model for the excellent design and manufacture of a great kit! I guarantee you will have many hours of fun and beautiful Belle Poule as the model. Go for it

IMG_0213(1).JPG

IMG_0214(1).JPG
IMG_0219(1).JPG
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG
IMG_0221.JPG
IMG_0220(1).JPG
IMG_0211.JPG

Many thanks for your attention.

Many Thanks for this very informative kit Review of the Belle Poule kit.
and also many thanks to the manufacturer Sail and Sail for this well prepared kit.
The quality of the parts is looking great with good new ideas helping the modeler.
And in addition good plans and a real manual with clear instructions - what does the modeler need more ????

Although the kit is designed based on the NMM plans, the planset made by Jean Boudriot can help, especially for the modelers, which would like to fully rigg the model - there is also an english version available. As I understood Jim, he already ordered the monograph from ancre :cool:

The finished model from Sail and Sail is sexy,

IMG_0211.JPG

a fully rigged model is highly interesting, take a look at this -The Belle Poule is really a wonderfull ship - maybe an idea to pimp the kit to make a fully rigged model ......

IMG_38641.jpg la-belle-poule-fregate-1765 (5).jpg

This kit is without any doubt most impressive and an absolute beauty. It offers features which really do put other manufacturers at the cuff and is a hard act to follow. I think it is fair to say that with this kit Sail & Sail has joined DaHai Model at the upper echelon of model ship kits! Well done! Okay

SAIL AND SAIL kept me up to date on the shippingprocess from the time the kit was shipped. There was a wait of several days between China and the arrival of the kit in Belgium at which simply no tracking is possible. Coffee From Belgium to Germany it went in two days to me with location information. This is the usual shipping time. In total about 14 days.
Caring inquired SAIL AND SAIL after the arrival of the shipment, whether everything is in order and promptly replace any error. :)

Best regards
Thomas

Also just a reminder ,Sos members are getting $50 off of the full price,Sail and Sail Pay Pal Buy Button is already a discounted price ,on my website (Dry Dock Models) is not ,so you need to pm here on the forum me to get a discount code

Hello zoly @zoly99sask ,

I may have missed this but if ordered through you does the kit come to you first from China, then you mail it to the customer or direct from China to the customer.

Thanks,
Roger

Hello zoly @zoly99sask ,

I may have missed this but if ordered through you does the kit come to you first from China, then you mail it to the customer or direct from China to the customer.

Thanks,
Roger
Hi Roger

It is coming direct from China to your address

Zoltan

Hello and thank you for your detailed review.
Belle Poule is in my shortlist of candidates for my next building project and in the presentation sheet of Dockyard models they wrote the following sentence:
"Also is possible for customers to make the further upgrade work".
Can you explain what they mean, please?
Furthermore, I'd like to build it with masts and riggings too but I don't know where to find the project tables or if there is any kit about.

Hi @Alessandro63!

The kit includes everything seen in the manufacturer's presentation.

P2100539.JPG
Upgrade work from the assembly instructions.

P2100540.JPG
The kit does not include chain plates, deadeyes or other upgrade parts you will need to purchase them yourself. If you want to upgrade the ship completely, the monograph of "ancre" is essential.

I do not know your skills and workshop. The kit provides a solid foundation for a wonderful ship model. For a good final result of the construction, technical understanding, skill, good plan documents and tools are crucial as with all wooden models, no matter which manufacturer.
Italien model builder (Giorgio Flenghi, Franco Fissore, Vincenzo Lusci, Luigi Balestrieri etc.) are world-renowned in this field.

Best regards
Thomas

Back