Best Black Pearl Kit Question

Kurt Konrath

Kurt Konrath

OK, I have seen many different build logs of the BP, and I see many kits for sale on eBay and other places.

I am looking for a medium size kit 1/48 to 1/100 ratio.

So who do you think makes a good kit that goes together well and is not real difficult to build.

I don't plan on adding lighting or any major upgrades if that makes a difference.

Also any suggestions on where or who to buy from and more important, who not to buy from.

Kurt

OK, I have seen many different build logs of the BP, and I see many kits for sale on eBay and other places.

I am looking for a medium size kit 1/48 to 1/100 ratio.

So who do you think makes a good kit that goes together well and is not real difficult to build.

I don't plan on adding lighting or any major upgrades if that makes a difference.

Also any suggestions on where or who to buy from and more important, who not to buy from.

Kurt
Kurt

Buy only from from Zhl

Hi there are a lot of Black Pearl models on the market, I have seen reports of people getting ripped off buying cheap ones off the internet.
I purchased a Black Pearl golden edition from ZHL and found it to be a very worthwhile experience. The main shortfall with this kit is the instructions but there are a lot of build logs and members who have built this kit who can help with problems.
ZHL sell three versions of the BP depending on your experience level and budget one should suite you.

Tony

Would anyone know where I might find the lanterns for the black pearl it was one of the items I had missing from my package when I received it, I have three LED lights but not the lanterns that go on above the captains quarters.

Thanks sleepyfish, would you happen to know what size they are 1.72 model
I built the zhl top level edition 1:48 and my lanterns are 40mm = 1 1/2 inch tall with no LED's inside ( ship didn't come with lighting but LED'S would fit)
The lanterns look a little large to me on my ship so take that into consideration and I am not a math genius but you should be able to convert scale dimensions.
Link to my build log ZHL Black Pearl - top level edition
Hope this helps

Not having all the a lot of instructions or pictures with this ship I'm not sure how the half copper holder is installed or how the cannon is attached frustrated, better pictures would sure help.

Back