Best to all...

who share this wholesome way of spending time in history, culture, and craft.
Just retired, 65 years old. Always enjoyed plastic models and building/flying balsa/tissue aircraft. Problem with airplanes is finding places to fly. I sail in Barnegat Bay, NJ, USA and love all things nautical. Started a plank on frame Bounty Kit a LONG time ago pre-internet and abandoned it due to planking mistakes in my ignorance of techniques.
Built a simple solid hull Skipjack later on which turned out very well, but of course is beginner's fare on this site.
Just starting the hobby again with the Mamoli 1:35 Catalina Dutch Barge Yacht. I've been in Amsterdam and love the barge-style boats. Still not an easy model for me as A LOT of parts adjustments seem to be needed. I'll take it as a challenge this time without hurrying. The most difficult thing for me with the model ship building is not having a sense of the level of adjustments needed with a wooden model kit. I suppose some companies are better than others with cut and fit of components. I do realize that wood kits cannot be fabricated with the precision of plastic or metal. I'll try and enjoy the process rather than working to finish.
Sorry for a long-winded introduction.
Best,
Joe McDonough

Joe sailing 1.jpg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back