Better later than never

Ihave been a member for some time. In My youth I used to built shops,such as HMS Prince,HMS Endauvor and Royal Sovereign,alle in plastic. Then I built Wasa ship in wooden kit. Now after looking at some of the great photos about HMS Victory, I started my latest project. For thirty years halventava done any, so we'll see how its going to workout
Welcome - wish you all the best for your new project!

Ihave been a member for some time. In My youth I used to built shops,such as HMS Prince,HMS Endauvor and Royal Sovereign,alle in plastic. Then I built Wasa ship in wooden kit. Now after looking at some of the great photos about HMS Victory, I started my latest project. For thirty years halventava done any, so we'll see how its going to workout
Hallo @jope
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Also from me a warm welcome to the forum and have fun.

Strugling with the rigging Few new ones per day . How on earth have you managed to keep on working so quickly? Gun ports have been the choice from time to time. I had a thought to put some led lights, but maybe its too late now

IMG_20230708_133649.jpg

IMG_20230708_133756.jpg

Im in two Minds wether I put sails to Victory or not? I made a little test and painted some of the sails. I tend to like more the ships without sails,or if they are put on, I would like to have at least the lower ones folded,as it makes the deck more visible. Its very rare to see a sailing ship built with folden sails, at least that they look nice. What is your opinion,or do you have a good hint how to make them reasionable? So all the origi alkaa sails in Hellers Victory are wide open...

IMG_20230925_163539.jpg

IMG_20230925_163453.jpg

Im in two Minds wether I put sails to Victory or not? I made a little test and painted some of the sails. I tend to like more the ships without sails,or if they are put on, I would like to have at least the lower ones folded,as it makes the deck more visible. Its very rare to see a sailing ship built with folden sails, at least that they look nice. What is your opinion,or do you have a good hint how to make them reasionable? So all the origi alkaa sails in Hellers Victory are wide open...

View attachment 396543

View attachment 396544
Sometimes I believe that trying color toning a plastic sail could get be harder that creating cloth sails.
You have done a great job painting yours.

View attachment 396543

View attachment 396544

Jope, you should post all the pictures you have posted from your introduction to a build log for wood kits. You will get more exposure and I know a lot of folks would like to follow your build. You’ll get a lot of helpful feedback too.

Jope, you should post all the pictures you have posted from your introduction to a build log for wood kits. You will get more exposure and I know a lot of folks would like to follow your build. You’ll get a lot of helpful feedback too.
Its not a wooden kit its Hellers pöastic kit /100

Reactions: Jay
Hallo @jope
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back